Be Man And Get Boosted!!!!!!!!!!

possibly thinking of the ZR1?
Yes he is, and they are nice, will be the last high HP car from factory, due to the **** laws they are passing. That car is sick though, and will be going for 30-50+ OVer sticker....So expect to pay well over 100k...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

how many ways would you like me to prove you wrong on this point?
each has their own advantages/disadvantages. but seriously, tell me how many ways you want me to make you look like a fool and i will do it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

(P.S. - it wont be hard //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif . next time you make a thread, try to have a point)

That is true...Very, But can you explain? What are the disadvantages of a turbo rather than a sc? BTW not trying to be a dick...haha. Dont take it the wrong way, Jsut want to know.

Yes, I was thinking of the ZR1. I just couldn't remember the name GM decided on and didn't feel like walking to the bathroom to pick up my Motor Trend to check, lol.

And yes, both TCs and SCs have their good points, and they both have situations where they work the best. SCs are parasitic, but don't produce lag. TCs don't sap HP, but anything that makes serious power takes time to spool up. It all depends on the car, but I grew up on musclecars, so I'm more partial to SCs.

how many ways would you like me to prove you wrong on this point?
each has their own advantages/disadvantages. but seriously, tell me how many ways you want me to make you look like a fool and i will do it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

(P.S. - it wont be hard //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif . next time you make a thread, try to have a point)
mister know it all.....i like them people. im not sure how i would go exhaust driven free boost or acessory ******* serpitine belt garbage that whines like a dirty b**ch. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crying.gif.ec0ebefe590df0251476573bc49e46d8.gif thanks to gale banks for giving us free boost. if it makes you feel better go ahead and list every reason why your the MAN. all my dam point was to this thread is turbo is the way to go MY OPINION! get to it man of all things ****:crazy: tell me why i should care what you say when im puttin down 650hp on BOOST not belts. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif have a good nite when i wake up tomarrow hopfully you will have given me a reason to smile:D late

mister know it all.....i like them people. im not sure how i would go exhaust driven free boost or acessory ******* serpitine belt garbage that whines like a dirty b**ch. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crying.gif.ec0ebefe590df0251476573bc49e46d8.gif thanks to gale banks for giving us free boost. if it makes you feel better go ahead and list every reason why your the MAN. all my dam point was to this thread is turbo is the way to go MY OPINION! get to it man of all things ****:crazy: tell me why i should care what you say when im puttin down 650hp on BOOST not belts. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif have a good nite when i wake up tomarrow hopfully you will have given me a reason to smile:D late

Ok well I am making 570 with a stock car with a pulley change? Also running 1147 @ 122 with stock tires? I like turbo's more yes, but you sir jsut like to brag about something that is not hard to do with a SC....hahaha

That is true...Very, But can you explain? What are the disadvantages of a turbo rather than a sc? BTW not trying to be a dick...haha. Dont take it the wrong way, Jsut want to know.
main disadvantage of a turbo vs a sc is lag. which can be negated slightly by going with a smaller turbo, or anti-lag (which is going to lead to the death of your turbo, amongst other things).

likewise, a sc is going to have a parasitic loss, but it will have the power on tap at all times, no waiting for the spool up, and if its running a large amount of boost, you dont have to worry about that power coming on too quick.

IMHO neither one is better than the other, or worse than the other. they each have their own applications where they can excell. i love the sc whine that you get with a blower, but i also love the spool up and sneeze of a BOV, but to say "turbos >>all" and actually belive it to be true, is pretty much making a public statement that you are a moron.

for instance, a small motor (like an import) would benefit better from a turbo, where they really dont have that much power downlow to begin with, so a blower is just going to take more away from that, plus they make all their power on the top end anyways, so why not accentuate that where they excell. on the other hand, some american muscle that already has the power, why should they have to wait for spool up when they could have the power throughout the entire rev range, plus, they have the power to sacrifice, and its going to be minimal given the amount of torque they are capable of putting down (and more importantly, the added rotational mass of those 8 large pistons moving the belts //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif )

modern technology and tuning has closed the gap making the two forms of FI more similar, and its really more of a personal preference, but still, neither is better than the other //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

i have an 88 thunderbird with a efi blow through forged 331 with a built AOD and 8.8 rear and a 70mm turbo moving up to a 76mm. @ 15psi im at 648hp @ 17psi im at 687hp.all street. i bought the car for $300 and with the help of friends and great hookups with engine shops and a tranny builder. ive saved over $5,000 so im to her for just over $25,000 with all 1 of a kind pieces that no one has. shes a mover thats for sure.
or build a big inch motor and make 1000 hp on gas, all day, whats lag?

whats up fellas im finally off the road at a TA truck stop off I-80 in iowa.nice nite to drive 800 miles but i figured id chime in and say buffalo is a great city with lots of water, parks and hills to enjoy in all seasons the employment is weak but we support our sports teams and each other. you dont like it STAY AWAY! as for this thread im a turbo lover and thats my opinion im threw checkin this post i have to drive 4000 miles in 5 days and break laws! take care to all ,its been rediculous but enjoyable and thanks to NEVERENUFFBASS for hookin me up with that sick RE 15".............GOD BLESS THE TRUCKERS that keep food on your tables and gas in your vehicles. GIVE US A BRAKE ON THE ROAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.