Battle of the big bad 15"s

Afaik its dollars not wattage //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif
sure is, and case in point about people thinking power is everything. Any of the subs listed in thread will be louder off 1000rms then the lower lined 1000rms subs on same power.

Only ones i can find, not $1k tho i only paid $150 for it when it was brand new before i blew it to shreds! Then Reconed it to T3

IMAG0284.jpg

IMAG0287.jpg

The sub is fine hater. Its still as good as the day he baught it USED lol stfu
So after you heating it up, there is nothing wrong what so ever. That fact that you had the coil far to hot has no issues.

You continue with the name calling which I find to hilarious. This does your position no good, other then showing off your maturity level.

Admit you damaged his sub and that you will replace it and move on. I see no reason to hide behind name calling doing your best to avoid the situation only to take advantage of a so called friend.

Not to mention this whole situation will bring your ability to sell on into question. If you are willing to abuse a friends gear and lie about it, what will you do if/when you sell items on here? We are not your friends so you care even less for us.

I think what you fail to see is that I am looking out for the overall best interests of everyone. While you hide behind name calling and avoiding all that facts that you in fact have posted clearly on this site.

Not to mention that you claim you can install, yet clearly have no idea on proper amp settings(along with the enclosure) have lead to issues we are currently discussing now.

Now please, continue to let me know how this makes you feel and how you will continue to avoid this at all costs while calling me names.

his box size was wrong so the sub over heated? that doesn't make sense.
He had the amp maxed out clipping the signal. The enclosure did not cause harm to the sub to my knowledge. The enclosure is just far to small for the sub and is not tuned correctly as nothing was calculated with displacements considered.(2.7ft3 gross iirc)

Anytime you overheat the coil on a sub/speaker, you change the T/S parameters ever so slightly. At the very least it would make the resistance and power handling change from being overheated.

Simple answer to your question is: The loudest sub will be the one that has the highest sensitivity while still having the power handling for the RMS output of your amp. Just because a sub can handle 20Kw, doesn't mean it will be louder than a comparable sub that can handle 6Kw and has a higher sensitivity, with lower CMS and MMS. In fact, the 20Kw sub would have less output at the same power than the other sub with higher sensitivity, lower CMS and MMS.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.