Battle of the 15 inches

same thing i noticed
I would agree so far. I'd be interested to see how it scales with power.

It's hard to say until each sub is tested at equal power... but then again... as I mentioned, it could change completely in a different box or with different spider packs. SPL is all about the details //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

On that note... just looked at the ATMOS I bet it would be loud in my box. My enclosure likes high motor force... gains ALOT with more motor force. It also likes softer suspension, though, so it really hinges on that as well.

One note bass make the naked baby Jesus cry. Spill the beans, which one sounded like music?
If he is around 150db @ 45hz ish with a single 15 you can be your arse it's not a box that's really designed for linear (musical) response.

So... which one plays music the best? Seriously!
Havent made it that far yet.

Info/pics on the box would make things a bit more useful as well.
Sub Forward port to the side. Single 8" aero.

I would agree so far. I'd be interested to see how it scales with power.
It's hard to say until each sub is tested at equal power... but then again... as I mentioned, it could change completely in a different box or with different spider packs. SPL is all about the details //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
On that note... just looked at the ATMOS I bet it would be loud in my box. My enclosure likes high motor force... gains ALOT with more motor force. It also likes softer suspension, though, so it really hinges on that as well.
Like I said, MUCH more detailed tests will be done once I have full power

One note bass make the naked baby Jesus cry. Spill the beans, which one sounded like music?
If he is around 150db @ 45hz ish with a single 15 you can be your arse it's not a box that's really designed for linear (musical) response.
It is a SPL oriented box, However if I switched to a single 6" aero I bet I could play music nicely, peaking at 43-45hz isnt that bad //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif.

Havent made it that far yet.

Sub Forward port to the side. Single 8" aero.

Like I said, MUCH more detailed tests will be done once I have full power

It is a SPL oriented box, However if I switched to a single 6" aero I bet I could play music nicely, peaking at 43-45hz isnt that bad //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif.
I'm sure I'm not the only one who would like to know which plays music the best, no kidding aside. I'd like to see tuning lower than 43-45 though, if possible. Maybe in the 32 area? I'd even be happy with whatever the manufacturere suggest for music, if they make a suggestion. I'd really, really like to know which "spl" sub has the best "sq" in an enclosure that is tuned lower than the typical fart box.

The naked baby Jesus is still crying by the way. My son just told me that I made the prayer I said for you to tune lower "my *****" so I think you need to tune lower for a daily application and tell me where it's at. Again, just me and the naked baby Jesus' opinion.

LOL!!!! yes, I plan on testing with music. A box with less port area. I attempted to play music with this box, it would do it fine on lower power, but once I started geting into it it didnt like it too much. I might post pics of my box.

LOL!!!! yes, I plan on testing with music. A box with less port area. I attempted to play music with this box, it would do it fine on lower power, but once I started geting into it it didnt like it too much. I might post pics of my box.
When you test these bad boys on music with a lower tuning, please PLEASE PM me. Just in case I miss the thread.

Cant vouch for anything except the Omega and the Exo.

Two Omegas on a 3250.1v1 at .5ohm did a 49.7xx or something of that nature in SKMFKR1's car was pretty loud and in honestly, sounded good.

With the Exo right around 2ohm after rise on a Crescendo 3kwp, it actually demod just as good if not better and was cleaner sounding than those Omegas. The fact that it was in an Extended Cab truck might have something to do with that, but regardless it was nasty nasty and got down and dirty considering the tuning.

Reference for low notes found here :

YouTube - AtmosAudio's Channel

And it still loves mid 40's

YouTube - AtmosAudio's Channel

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.