Battle of the 15 inches

Nice test, but seeing how they are not all being used on the same power, or the same frequency makes it kind of inconclusive. But I would also be in to seeing you testing the sa15.

Nice test, but seeing how they are not all being used on the same power, or the same frequency makes it kind of inconclusive. But I would also be in to seeing you testing the sa15.
Reason they arent at the same power is because my amps havent showed up. Some subs are D2 and others are D1. Once my 2 Cactus K12 amps show up I plan on testing 1000rms, 1500rms, 2000rms, 2500rms, 3000rms and etc....until each sub reaches its limit.

As for for the diff freq, its all the same box...thats just the change of each sub.

Reason they arent at the same power is because my amps havent showed up. Some subs are D2 and others are D1. Once my 2 Cactus K12 amps show up I plan on testing 1000rms, 1500rms, 2000rms, 2500rms, 3000rms and etc....until each sub reaches its limit.
As for for the diff freq, its all the same box...thats just the change of each sub.

Alright sounds good, do you have any plans on testing a DC lvl 4 15"?

Indeed... as David said these tests are for his application. I have seen subs perform so wildly differently it's pretty interesting... some setups like really soft spiders (mine) and hard spiders ****... I've had a few I've dealt with recently that thrive with really stiff spiders -- in my box the stiffer would be 2 dB down but in their box the loose spider is about the same down. Quite interesting.

I've actually had SA-12s spank the Nightshades hands down in one of my boxes... again, NS spider was way too stiff for that box. It took 2x the power on the NS to do the same score. I don't think anyone would say the SA-12 is a hands down louder sub than the NS, though //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

If you have a setup very similar to David's it would be a good reference -- otherwise it may or may not have anything to do w/ your setup.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.