Battery help

I have a 1999 monte carlo that I am doing the big 3 upgrade on. All my 0 gauge and terminals are in the mail right now. The battery that is in my car is a sidepost and I was wondering if I would need to upgrade the terminals to make them longer so it can fit the added connections. I want to get this done pronto and dont want to wait even longer for new battery posts so im asking on here. Thanks

I have a 1999 monte carlo that I am doing the big 3 upgrade on. All my 0 gauge and terminals are in the mail right now. The battery that is in my car is a sidepost and I was wondering if I would need to upgrade the terminals to make them longer so it can fit the added connections. I want to get this done pronto and dont want to wait even longer for new battery posts so im asking on here. Thanks
Go to your local hardware store and grab two 3/8 bolts that are 1 1/2" (or longer if you need them), two 3/8 nuts and two 3/8 flat washers. Put the nut on the bolt first and run it all the way to the top then put on all your terminals on including factory ones and screw it down tight into the battery. Then you can run the nut down until all the terminals are tight. That way you don't have to worry about using spacers or stacking washers to make everything tight. It also prevents stripping the battery terminals out from not having enough threads from the bolt run into it. Just MAKE SURE there isn't any points are your car close that the bolts that could touch that are grounded

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.