batt bubbling noise?

Participant count
  • Participant list

kraudio12
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
CP, Indiana
Okay well today i was doing the big three upgrade and running 2 runs of 0g to the back of my truck.

And this was a two day thing

yesterday i got the alt replaced changed to a 250 amp and then did the big three yesterday started the truck it was fine was idleing a little harder than normal thought maybe the belt was just little tighter then before let it go

then today i ran all my wires hid everything pulled all the carpet up to hide everything and i finally get everything wired up and ready to go and i got to connect my 2 runs to my positive on my starter battery and it marks a bit spark and then i hear this bubble noise?

Anyone help me out with my problem? what could a be a fix to the situation

put a voltage meter on your system.

overcharing your battery could make it "boil over" wich is not so good.

batterys do vent however when they are getting a charge - but if its boiling off thats a bad thing

i dont understand how it would overcharge there is no stress being put onto it and the car is off its just connecting the complete the circuit

okay well i just tested it a little bit i put the meter on there sits at 11.48 i connected and then disconnected the other battery and it jumped up to 12.5 and started to make the boiling noise

how would i fix this

"Well, I figured out the problem, it turns out that little plastic piece where you connect the wire to the alternator is for safety. Be absolutely sure when you connect the wires to the alternator that you are NOT grounding out on the casing of the alternator. It was a fairly small spot that was touching when i hooked mine up, and it was enough to boil the acid inside the battery."

Above taken from the sticky on this from someone who appeared to be having a similar problem.

how many batterys do you have ? - test each battery individualy - any battery with less than 12.4 is in serious need of a recharge.

what type of battery are each one ? flooded led acid ? gell cell / agm ?

if you have any flooded lead acid batterys on your car - you need to check the "water depth" on them if they are boiling over.

to properly do this - un hook the battery completely - positive and negative.

put on some rubber gloves - and goggles - and then remove the caps on top of the battery to look down inside to visualy inspect the water levels.

you should see no part of any lead plate sticking up above the water line. if the water line seems low - add distilled de mineralized water only.

do not use tap or hose water.... you can eazily get the correct water you need from the grocery store for under 2$

if your flooded lead acid battery has low water levels in it - I dont care how long you charge it up for.... its not going to HOLD a charge.

okay well back to the problem now i have disconnected my other two batteries and my truck is idling hard if i disconnect the alt it runs fine it seems as tho its putting at a drain on the engine

i grounded the engine from one of the bolts off the all but it seemed to be more so towards the engine then anything else

if anyone can help me out it would be great

the alt is 250 amps and its a regular starter battery 940ca and 800ca and remember the capacity of the battery

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.