bass weakings down problems

BigMan305
10+ year member

florida
hi i have notice that my new subwoofers or amp start up strong with bass but after a while the bass weakings down like it lowers down dont know if some amps do this when they get hot after a while or can it be a bad wire hook up need help please

sorry i ask but how do i check the voltage also how to check ground continuity to make sure is well ground it i did not do this my self i dont realy know much about on how to do this

yes its a cadillac seville sts 2002 i think it has a voltage meter if its the voltage what would i need to do get a biger battery for the car to get this fix

Edit : just took the car for a ride the car trun off with radio trun off voltage meter on car said 12.4 with car runing and the radio off 14.7 with the radio on and subs jumps around 14.4-13.2 when stop at red light its gone down to 12.2 for what i have seen can this be the problem then is this not normal what would i need to do to fix this get a biger battery or a capacitor

Last edited by a moderator:
sorry i ask but how do i check the voltage also how to check ground continuity to make sure is well ground it i did not do this my self i dont realy know much about on how to do this
use a multi meter. what kind of car you got?

@ token1er cadillac seville sts 2002 i check already car trun off with radio trun off voltage meter on car said 12.4 with car runing and the radio off 14.7 with the radio on and subs jumps around 14.4-13.2 when stop at red light its gone down to 12.2 for what i have seen can this be the problem then is this not normal what would i need to do to fix this get a biger battery or a capacitor

Edit : the amp is 1200 watts and i used 4 gauge wires i think the big 3 for this amp is a lil to much if i upgrade the battery to a biger one well this fix my problem with out haveing to do the big 3 also if i add a second battery in the trunk well this also help

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.