Bass Upgrade?? 1 sub or 2?

Participant count
  • Participant list

trikosuave

My biggest Dilemma yet. I haven't posted too much on this forum (or any other) so let me explain my current setup. I have an Alpine 9833 HeadUnit running 6 channels of monsters back to an Inifinity 7541A (111x4 @4ohms RMS) and an RF3001 Mono(300x1 @2 ohms. Im running Mb Quart PSD216 6.5 components up front and some model alpine type r 5x7s in the back (just a filler). Now my sub situation is as follows, I have some last year model RF 300 watt DVC type in a huge ported one sub box that fills the back of my PT Cruiser. Now if someone listens to my car car from the passenger seat without knowing my setup will swear i have 2 subs back there. But its rock bass isnt that good becuase its not sealed (rap sounds good). Finally, my question is: What sounds better, 2 subs in a sealed box at 150 watts each or 1 sub in a ported box with 300 watts.

My problem is is that I listen to everything so what is good for one might not be as good for another....

I definately need to take/post a picture of my box. I have no idea on it. its a huge 4'x1.5'x1.5' with port that takes up 1/4 of the face of the box. Maybe I'll ghetto 'paint' a sketch of one. It has VT on the top which i think stands for Virtual Tech but can't find any internet sites on it. I'm guessing its ported pretty low as my long drawn out bass can get pretty overwhelming. The 'hit' suffers a little tho.

I got it from a friend cuz it couldnt fit in his mustang and it barely fit in my Z and when i replaced the single 12" sealed box i had, it blew me away how much better it was than a sealed. I know sealed requires more power so im afraid to go 150 x 2 in a sealed cuz im sure its cleaner and tighter but it might not be enough to support the sound stage my MB quarts have goins on....

rock bass sounds more boomy and thumpy with a ported box and tight and punchy with a sealed box. but if u listen to rock more then u do rap, then i would go with sealed with 150 to each sub like Teenwolf said. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.