Hooked up the SX

Participant count
  • Participant list

bamaboy
5,000+ posts

War Eagle!!!
well this afternoon, i hooked up my old SX in my friends vehicle, he is the one that bought it, and he has had a 10 L5 sealed running on my viper, i just hook it up and turn the gain all the way down, the SX moves more than my XXX, and im using gains most all the way down and bass boost off, i dont know what he had on settings on HU, but its a blaupunkt, not really nice, just low end

i want to know why it moves more than my XXX and a3000db on my XXX and he has a viper @1ohm on the SX, my exc alt, his stock stuff, just dont under stand, i just wana sell everything and get new stuff, rewire everything too, but that would cost a load //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

tomorrow after noon im getting the viper and putting it in mine im wondering what is wrong because i know the sub isnt getting everything it should, somethings is not working i might just get 2 SXs beacuse they worked for me:crap:

anyone i am working on it tomorrow afternoon:(

i wouldnt redo my whole system based on the cone not moving alot.....maybe your amp is not putting the whole 1800watts to that one 15.....in fact i know its not..u have to concider voltage loss dur to long runs of wire and other factors that i'm not trying to type but u get the point

i wouldnt redo my whole system based on the cone not moving alot.....maybe your amp is not putting the whole 1800watts to that one 15.....in fact i know its not..u have to concider voltage loss dur to long runs of wire and other factors that i'm not trying to type but u get the point

would somebody like to tell me what im doing wrong because it dosent look like the ones on Realmofexcursion

its not a long wire just 3-4 feet and it wouldnt lose that much, when a guy with 2 sonys is almost louder than mine in a sucky box off a sucky kenwood amp, somethings wrong

and mine is supposed to be one of the highest xmax drivers made, and my friends L5 in the sealed box moves more than mine does... un uhh

try a bigger amp like the orion 2500d
how is my amp not big enough, 1100@4ohms 1800@2, 2300@1

these are close i really dont need over 2000 so i know it can do atleast that much

it didnt cost near the price of an orion 2500 either

could HU be a prob?

and when i use a volt meter i get it to 42 volts or close and its right at halfway or under so i dont know do i need to up it becuase it isnt loud, my SX was louder:eek:

oh i didnt know u had 2300watts on tap like that...my bad.....suggesting another amp was my mistake....maybe the reason his sub is moving more air is becuz he might have a hole in his box i dont know...but does yours sound louder than his

i know it sounds better but output wise whats goin on

as far as the sx comparing to a xxx...the sx is more os a entry spl sub slash street beater....the xxx is more of a musical sub that gets loud...so u really cant compare the two..i'm sure your friend peaks at higher freq than your xxx15

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

bamaboy

5,000+ posts
War Eagle!!!
bamaboy
Auburn, Alabama
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date