Bass Tube vs Box

Participant count
  • Participant list

charlie0406

I was looking for an under $200 solution for my crappy work car. I was hoping for strong bass for under $200. I was hoping for the kind of bass when you pull up at a stop light your rattle your neighbors mirrors a lil. I had some hard hitting systems when I was younger, but I was 18 then, I'm 29 now. I am completely out of sync with the market. Dollar versus cash is not my area anymore. Please gimme some help. I see bass tubes are rather cheap. I cant afford to spend 500 bucks on a box + amp + better alternator for my car so it doesn't fry. I just want some mean bass with an amp all in one package.m My CD player in car is pretty ****** also, so it wont give too much customization.

I was looking for an under $200 solution for my crappy work car. I was hoping for strong bass for under $200. I was hoping for the kind of bass when you pull up at a stop light your rattle your neighbors mirrors a lil. I had some hard hitting systems when I was younger, but I was 18 then, I'm 29 now. I am completely out of sync with the market. Dollar versus cash is not my area anymore. Please gimme some help. I see bass tubes are rather cheap. I cant afford to spend 500 bucks on a box + amp + better alternator for my car so it doesn't fry. I just want some mean bass with an amp all in one package.m My CD player in car is pretty ****** also, so it wont give too much customization.
Well bass tubes aren't going to rattle the car next to you, but they will give you some bass for cheap, and thats about all you can get for just $200 nowadays

So you can spend 500$ total. Do you have an aftermarket head unit? How much space do you have to sacrifice? How are your woodworking skills?

On a budget, pawnshops and classifieds section here can be your friend. Pawnshops are really risky if you don't know what you're looking for.

You could go far on a mid-tier single 18" on 1000W. You shouldn't need big electrical upgrades for this, and with a well built box you should be able to get into mid 140dB range. Single 15 would be my next choice if you can't fit an 18. Really electrical upgrades to run more power are very expensive. Best to use efficent woofer(s) and box design and a lot of cone and port area and stick to lower power.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.