Bass problems

Participant count
  • Participant list
The breaker could be too small. Sounds like you have about 1400 RMS from amps. 1400w / 13v=108 amps.

You might consider getting a bigger breaker before forking over cash to the shop.
+
I'm wondering where your getting 1400 watts from when he stated 380 watt amp and a 500 watt amp which totals 880 watts. I did the math and that pulls about 61/62 amps of current. Still doesn't explain the tripping of a 100 watt circuit breaker. My only guess is his gain might be turned up too high.

I can turn the subwoofer off and turn it up as loud as I want, no problems. But, with the subwoofer turned back up, when I turn the volume up to the sound I want, the system, sometimes ti turns the breaker completely off as,,

you are more than likely clipping the system hard judging from this comment, lower your gain, on both amps, play your hardest hitting song, raise the head unit volume up to 85-90%, raise the mids and highs amp up until you hear speaker break up or harshness, back it off. Then go to the sub amp and raise the gain till the bass stops getting loud and back it off a hair.

+
I'm wondering where your getting 1400 watts from when he stated 380 watt amp and a 500 watt amp which totals 880 watts. I did the math and that pulls about 61/62 amps of current. Still doesn't explain the tripping of a 100 watt circuit breaker. My only guess is his gain might be turned up too high.
Your right. My math is off. My bad. Damn alcohol

The breaker could be too small. Sounds like you have about 1400 RMS from amps. 1400w / 13v=108 amps.

You might consider getting a bigger breaker before forking over cash to the shop.
actually have around a 400 watt RMS amp for the mid range speakers and a 500 RMS amp for subwoofer

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.