90amp alternator

BIG 3 Done

Stock OEM Battery

System:

IDMAX 12" Ported

Alpine MRP-M1000

Hertz Energy Front and Rear Coaxials

Sony 4 Channel 60RMSx4

So I'm running a little over 1200RMS watts. When I first turn my car on and play music sort of loud, sounds great, earth shattering bass and all. If I drive a long distance (20+ mins) and continue listening to songs with a fair amount of bass at loud volumes, the bass will eventually get quieter and quieter. Does this mean I need a better battery or alternator? Lights never dim (ever since the BIG 3) and car always starts quick. Before when I was running 700RMS I didn't have this problem. What do you guys think?

It means your draining the batteries to quickly with playing it at full tilt all the time. If your going to slam the **** out of it daily, then you will need to have at least two batteries and a highoutput alternator to keep them changing. Your drawing about 200amps towards your stereo alone. Eventually something will fry.

befor investing a bunch of $ into electrical, I would spend $20 in a voltage guage an install it where you can see it while driving. check your voltage when you start listening, then when you notice it getting quieter, then when it is at its typical lowest. If you see a drop below 12v, add a battery like a Shuriken sk-bt60.

I would think that would fix the issue without having to get a new alt.

Several other things besides the electrical...

-as mentioned above, your ears essentially become less sensitive to it so the perceived volume is lower

-as you play your sub hard the voicecoil heats up creating higher resistance and in turn lower power from your amp so the output does actually go down

The combination of those several things and potentially lower voltage also would cause that effect.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.