Bass Knob....

Participant count
  • Participant list

gonzalgi21
10+ year member

So i have an issue, when i listen to all types of genre's of music in my car the bass is fine and not too loud but when i listen to hip hop music the bass is WAY too loud and goes over my vocals to the point i can barely turn my radio up because the bass is so loud. So i thought an easy way to adjust this is to simply get a bass knob for my mono block bass amp (setup in my sig), but my problem is that my amp doesnt have a jack for a bass control knob... soooo what are my options here? Im stumped by the fact that Alpine wouldn't put an input for a bass controller on a big 1000 watt mono amp : (

Amazon.com: PAC LC-1 Remote Amplifier Level Controller: Car Electronics

Solve your issues right here. You'll need an extra set of RCA cables though.

Btw, what you're calling a bass knob is likely a bass boost knob. It isn't good to use those because it distorts the signal, thus causing clipping, thus damaging the amp. That knob I linked controls the RCA voltage input into the amp which is the same principle minus the distorting.

Btw, what you're calling a bass knob is likely a bass boost knob. It isn't good to use those because it distorts the signal, thus causing clipping, thus damaging the amp. That knob I linked controls the RCA voltage input into the amp which is the same principle minus the distorting.
Good to know, so even if i had the bass boost knob jack its better to use the level controller which uses rca's? btw don't know if this makes a difference but the gain on my amp is properly set, it isn't just cranked all the way up so I'm guessing this controller will only go as high as the amp is set to.

Good to know, so even if i had the bass boost knob jack its better to use the level controller which uses rca's? btw don't know if this makes a difference but the gain on my amp is properly set, it isn't just cranked all the way up so I'm guessing this controller will only go as high as the amp is set to.
Yes the lc1 will only go as high as the amp is set

Isn't that why some makers under rate their amps? to allow some slight headroom for when people do that kind of stuff or offer protections that shut the amp down? Mine will cut down the power if it clips. Otherwise if not then I don't get why they would bother having a boost, it would mean just more warranty repairs to deal with. However back in the 90's I used to use the crap out of mine on my Punch amp, full blast. Still have the amp and still works.

Isn't that why some makers under rate their amps? to allow some slight headroom for when people do that kind of stuff or offer protections that shut the amp down? Mine will cut down the power if it clips. Otherwise if not then I don't get why they would bother having a boost, it would mean just more warranty repairs to deal with. However back in the 90's I used to use the crap out of mine on my Punch amp, full blast. Still have the amp and still works.
What amp? And lots of amps have clipping indicatora but wont shut down. Lots of people induce slight clipping on purpose for spl purposes.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.