Bass Focus?

Participant count
  • Participant list

RDSHunter
10+ year member

I'm using a Cadence ZRS 7000D to power my two JL 12W3v3s and have a few questions about my settings. On the amp I have a bass boost, bass focus, high pass and subsonic filter and of course my gain setting. My first question is what the hell is the bass focus do exactly and how stable is it to use? My next question is whether I should use the bass eq and filters on the amp or my HU because I know you're supposed to use one or the other. My HU is a Kenwood Excelon KDC-X494 and has a Sub-Level, bass boost, bass q factor, bass mid-frequency, low pass filter and so on for treble and mids as well. Thanks

Bass focus essentially IS T/A. It's just applied to two drivers at a time. This is especially useful when you want to add time alignment to a main pair of channels with respect to the sub.
From Cadence "Bass focus dials in a boost at lower frequencies that can help compensate for a lack of enclosure volume or cone area." It's just another way to add distortion.

Most amps have a centered 45hz bass boost. With bass focus you can choose the frequency instead of it being pre determined frequency. Like I said, just causes more distortion.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.