Bass Damaging Vehicle

DrG
10+ year member

Canada
Ok please ignore my earlier post I learned ya my hatch rattles but I got out and it was actually around the front windshield of the car that was causing the most rattling, the actual pannel where the lights are that you can turn on and off. It vibrates like crazy what I want to know is if this is going to damage my car? I have had my stereo in my 1990 new yorker for a good year or two and I never had anything break, my new car is a 2003 vw jetta tdi wagon so im a bit more worried about it since its a nice car. I know those lil german cars are tuff but im jus wanna know if anyone has had **** actually break cause of subs.

btw im running 2 ported 15s with a bx1500d, its really loud . WEll im used to car stereos so i dont find it that loud im thinking maybe 145 dbs or so.

Also its only certain frequencies that shake the car im guessing thats the resonant frequency that does that. IM curious if I could tweak wiht my amp so it doesnt ply those frequencies. Which might completely take the point out of my stereo I dont know.

i'd think something was wrong with your car if it didn't rattle. your car should be fine. i suppose it would be possible for something to eventually rattle loose, but i seriously doubt your Jetta's in any danger.

abe m.

I jus hate how it ruins the bass quality lol. But 140db + and soundquality dont exactly mesh well together do they ?

ive had similar problems

get some weather stripping (that foamy black stuff, that is stick on one side and foamy on the other) and find where crap is rattling... put the weather stripping in between the stuff that is rattling together.

hmmm Its my actual roof rattling I dont think there is much I can do about it as far as that goes. I think im jus really shut outta luck.

My head liner?? where would i find the bolts or screws for that, I am seriously looking into doing this.

hahah , hey my car is pretty **** good fo rattling jus. NOTHING rattles except like the front windshield/roof and itbugs the hell outta me. I guess something has to rattle if ur pushin that high of dbs.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.