bass boost?

How can u just say it is useless guys, i have an APA4320 clarion amp powering my Clarion xw-1500 15" sub, even if i turn the gains to maximum, the sub isnt outputing half of its power, so i ended up by using about 50% bass boost and t helped a lot:S:S:S

its good for getting bass at lower h/u volume. I would set my gain with the boost on though to make sure i wasn't clipping first. That is what i did with my JL 500/1. I definitely would NOT set my gains with it off, and then crank the boost up with the radio at full tilt. That will cause you to end up in the subwoofer thread posting "Hey guys, i think i fried my sub:("

I'm now using a Clarion 2150G bridged to mono one 10" premier with a Alpine 9847 HU and, the gain is 65% and the bass boost is ALL THE WAY UP 100% and, the sub sounds real good. Of course HU bass is at -7. Am I still gonna damage my sub?

I'm now using a Clarion 2150G bridged to mono one 10" premier with a Alpine 9847 HU and, the gain is 65% and the bass boost is ALL THE WAY UP 100% and, the sub sounds real good. Of course HU bass is at -7. Am I still gonna damage my sub?
Ur probably slightly clipping it but since ur bass is -7 on the HU its not too bad. I've used bass boost once. On a Hifonics Bx1500D. But that was when I was a retard and didn't know anything whatsoever. Doesn't suprise me that I fried that amplifer too.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.