Bass 30k at .25?

Participant count
  • Participant list
Yea 160 with this power in a wall is a must or you gotta throw it away. My last setup clipped 7500 with two 9915s and did 158s

Nice! I'm fortunate enough to be able to have a relationship, somewhat, with DD. How do you like those 9915's? I'm a big fan of the newer 4" coiled woofers, across the board. Is it a pure SPL setup?

I have nothing on the roof. I'm limited to deadner which might hurt my score but seeing as the entire roofs broken I think it might help a-tad just from the nasty resonance I'm getting and flexing.

I'm reconing the drivers to dual 1.4s so I expect to do 158s at the least. I think I'll be ok with that tuned to 36.

Can you fit a series 6th with no wall? Controlling that front wave with a box would be a good way to maintain internal box pressure and possibly try to account for the cabin not acting as that pressure-retainer itself. Does that make sense?

I have personally had great luck with series 6ths in vehicles with no deadener, no nothing, just a wall. They always seem to perform well, because that front chamber is keeping the subs balanced, where the flexing of the vehicle isn't directly affecting the front wave/sub cone movement, since there's the buffer of the front chamber pressure and port. So, it seems to really help the sub still move properly, and make tons of pressure out of that front port, regardless of the shape of the vehicle. I have some Tahoe-Suburban buddies I design a lot for, or have, and uhhhhh......their vehicles need help......lol. They mostly run 6th's and don't wanna run anything else, due to the control-ability of a series 6th on the sub itself, with both front and rear wave control; it's full power extraction, IMO.

Can you fit a series 6th with no wall? Controlling that front wave with a box would be a good way to maintain internal box pressure and possibly try to account for the cabin not acting as that pressure-retainer itself. Does that make sense?
That's what the loading panel does. Still haven't tested yet I was having trouble with my dual alts and the pwm controller charging. Then my ac went out. I have a slow leak on a weld on the EVAP common problem of shitty Chevys.
If I do decide to do a 6th I'll have to wall it and I'll do 3 18s in a 1-1.5 tuned at 29 and 52.

That's what the loading panel does. Still haven't tested yet I was having trouble with my dual alts and the pwm controller charging. Then my ac went out. I have a slow leak on a weld on the EVAP common problem of shitty Chevys.
If I do decide to do a 6th I'll have to wall it and I'll do 3 18s in a 1-1.5 tuned at 29 and 52.

I like that.

I like that.
Honestly if I wanted a fat box I'd do a 4 to 1 6th order. The ported box with a loading baffel s meters well and still sounds good. I can control the mechanical damping without adding group delay with the second 4tg order.
Essentially it's a tad more punchy without the delay. 😍
It won't peak hard like the 6tg but it helps control the cone .
Think of it like corner loading.
We will see. If I can get 160 I'm pretty sure it's one of the loudest daily no walls in the world Of it's kind. Aka truck under window line 2 18s

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...