Balance and fade messed up?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Brian121208

CarAudio.com Newbie
I have a 90s Ford Motorhome that has a Sony deck someone has put in it. Anytime I have the balance and fade all the way to the front left all 4 speakers are on. I have it apart but can’t seem to figure out why this is happening. Could someone possibly point me in the right direction?
Thanks. Brian

Welcome Brian121208. It seems like the installer only used one speaker output from the radio for all four speakers. Not ideal as that channel is being overdriven. Below is a wiring diagram for all aftermarket radios. Right now all speakers are connected to the white/white black wires. With radio off, disconnect them. Put a piece of masking tape like a flag (enough to write on) on every pair of wires going to the speakers. Using a 9v battery, touch each pair of speaker wires to the battery posts and listen where the sound came from. Mark on the flag, FL for Front Left, FR for Front Right, RL for Rear Left, RR for Rear Right. Using diagram below, connect your speaker wires to the radio wires. Use masking tape to protect every wire splice. Good luck.

2e2fe692708063cd427923ea5f1b29d7.jpg

I have a 90s Ford Motorhome that has a Sony deck someone has put in it. Anytime I have the balance and fade all the way to the front left all 4 speakers are on. I have it apart but can’t seem to figure out why this is happening. Could someone possibly point me in the right direction?
Thanks. Brian

In terms of front/back it only really matters if they're using high outputs instead of RCAs in the back of the unit. In terms of left/right, that's a much bigger issue that needs addressed. If 1aespinoza is right and they wired them all to one wire that's crazy ghetto lol. Is there an amp in the car? Maybe one you don't know about? If so it'll be attached to the battery and you can usually guess where it's hidden from that. I suspect there's an amp and they were extremely lazy and set it up using 1 RCA, or maybe originally had 2 and either one slipped off the amp terminals or it's inversed because they didn't know what they were doing and 1 being plugged in was louder than both together.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.