badBox Custom Subwoofers

Hey guys. This is Ryan, the founder of badBox custom subwoofer ENCLOSURES //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I figure since I'm going to be publicly bashed on price points, I might as well clarify why the enclosure was so "expensive."

Have you heard of a reverse-horn-loaded transmission line? Probably not. But if you did, you'd know how many DAYS goes into designing and constructing a box like that. Runwitbass (the one who began this forum) came to me asking to get the most out of his subwoofer, and mentioned occasional use in SPL competitions. And for such a nice, expensive subwoofer I thought I'd give him the best box possible. I'd especially like to have my name on a box that would likely win alot of competitions.

So...I offered him the premium solution... AT 50% OFF. Go to another REAL enclosure designer and ask for a t-line enclosure and ask what they charge - ...if you can find someone who even knows enough calculus to tune the acoustics properly.

To sam (or runwitbass): It didn't take me long to realize that you weren't looking to put that much money in your sound system. I get it, you want a regular vented box with regular +3dB gains. No problem. $150, delivered to your home at your convenience and installed for free, as is my standard level of pricing and customer service.

And please don't be offended by my initial offering, I was just trying to offer you something rarely seen on the car audio scene.

Hey guys. This is Ryan, the founder of badBox custom subwoofer ENCLOSURES //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
I figure since I'm going to be publicly bashed on price points, I might as well clarify why the enclosure was so "expensive."

Have you heard of a reverse-horn-loaded transmission line? Probably not. But if you did, you'd know how many DAYS goes into designing and constructing a box like that. Runwitbass (the one who began this forum) came to me asking to get the most out of his subwoofer, and mentioned occasional use in SPL competitions. And for such a nice, expensive subwoofer I thought I'd give him the best box possible. I'd especially like to have my name on a box that would likely win alot of competitions.

So...I offered him the premium solution... AT 50% OFF. Go to another REAL enclosure designer and ask for a t-line enclosure and ask what they charge - ...if you can find someone who even knows enough calculus to tune the acoustics properly.

To sam (or runwitbass): It didn't take me long to realize that you weren't looking to put that much money in your sound system. I get it, you want a regular vented box with regular +3dB gains. No problem. $150, delivered to your home at your convenience and installed for free, as is my standard level of pricing and customer service.

And please don't be offended by my initial offering, I was just trying to offer you something rarely seen on the car audio scene.
Any pics of said enclosure?

i find it hypocritical that this thread can bash a company but other threads that will remain nameless get deleted with the quickness.

its his product guys, he can charge what he wants. its not out of line to charge alot for a box. i think weve all been spoiled by the guys on here that will build us anything for the cost of materials with very little markup. if you went to a shop to buy a box they charge alot as well.

word of advice to you... there are plenty of builders on this site that know what they are doing. insulting them and our intelligence is no way to gain new business. ur not albert einstein so get over yourself.

i find it hypocritical that this thread can bash a company but other threads that will remain nameless get deleted with the quickness.
its his product guys, he can charge what he wants. its not out of line to charge alot for a box. i think weve all been spoiled by the guys on here that will build us anything for the cost of materials with very little markup. if you went to a shop to buy a box they charge alot as well.
i agree

nah im not offended it was jus outta my price range for my first box for the sub . its not that i wasnt lookin to put much money into my system .. hopefully you werent offended by all this .. my intention was to jus see if anybody ever gotten a box from you .. thats all .. gotta find out bout something first before you buy it right? .. but im sure you make great boxes and all .. i was jus gathering info and all ..

word of advice to you... there are plenty of builders on this site that know what they are doing. insulting them and our intelligence is no way to gain new business. ur not albert einstein so get over yourself.
SRim, point taken, and I apologize. That did come off a bit more condescending than it sounded in my brain :p I stumbled upon this forum today when I googled the name of my company and this was the 2nd hit! And it's a complaint about my prices? Uh oh! So without waiting to calm down first, I whipped out my response.

I do appreciate the fact that I'm in the presence of individuals who love audio as much as myself, and I should be making friends, as I don't know enough enthusiasts such as yourself! And as for what was said about my budding start-up business known as badBox (and I'll probably change the name after this!), I'll take it as constructive criticism - something I don't get enough of from my customers.

Telling me "oh $h!t that sounds dope!" makes me happy but doesn't help me to continually develop a better product, ya know?

For the record, my everyday prices are pretty competitive, barring the ridiculously complicated designs. If you'd like to learn more about my craigslist-based operation, check out my ad (which I've linked at the end of this entry). I'd love to hear your honest feedback as constructive criticism is actually worth money to a business that's willing to hear and learn from it. You guys are more educated than my everyday customers and I'm sure many of you are more knowledgeable than myself, so I look forward to getting to know you guys better.

Craigslist deletes my post every 7 days, so here's my link for the next week. Website coming soon (I'm so tired of craigslist marketing)!

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/ele/1170924080.html

I look forward to hearing from you.

And runwitbass, Sam, my man, please answer my calls dude. No hard feelings, I really want to build a box for your sub, even if it's not a T-line. I spent alot of time looking at the TS paremeters and analyzing your subs behavior in different configurations. I'm really impressed with the TSS and it would be a real treat for me to get to hear what I've been plotting and graphing on paper. Thanks!

Ryan

SRim, point taken, and I apologize. That did come off a bit more condescending than it sounded in my brain :p I stumbled upon this forum today when I googled the name of my company and this was the 2nd hit! And it's a complaint about my prices? Uh oh! So without waiting to calm down first, I whipped out my response.
I do appreciate the fact that I'm in the presence of individuals who love audio as much as myself, and I should be making friends, as I don't know enough enthusiasts such as yourself! And as for what was said about my budding start-up business known as badBox (and I'll probably change the name after this!), I'll take it as constructive criticism - something I don't get enough of from my customers.

Telling me "oh $h!t that sounds dope!" makes me happy but doesn't help me to continually develop a better product, ya know?

For the record, my everyday prices are pretty competitive, barring the ridiculously complicated designs. If you'd like to learn more about my craigslist-based operation, check out my ad (which I've linked at the end of this entry). I'd love to hear your honest feedback as constructive criticism is actually worth money to a business that's willing to hear and learn from it. You guys are more educated than my everyday customers and I'm sure many of you are more knowledgeable than myself, so I look forward to getting to know you guys better.

Craigslist deletes my post every 7 days, so here's my link for the next week. Website coming soon (I'm so tired of craigslist marketing)!

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/ele/1170924080.html

I look forward to hearing from you.

And runwitbass, Sam, my man, please answer my calls dude. No hard feelings, I really want to build a box for your sub, even if it's not a T-line. I spent alot of time looking at the TS paremeters and analyzing your subs behavior in different configurations. I'm really impressed with the TSS and it would be a real treat for me to get to hear what I've been plotting and graphing on paper. Thanks!

Ryan
Ryan, Thats fair enough of you and i certainly did not mean any insults towards you when i stated that NinjaBox>badBox. (Altho i have heard of box types you have mentioned:crazy:) So, hope there are no hard feelings and i wish you well. I typically don't build for people in your market area as shipping is usually the deal breaker

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.