Bad Sub Selection?

sungwei
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
lkj
I though I posted this already, but I can't find my thread. Anyway, I just got the Kicker L5 10" Solobaric with the R/T box. Now that I'm talking to people and participating on this forum I'm getting the feedback that these subs are mediocre and not good for sound quality (what I was shooting for). I bought these subs cause I've heard them in my friends car and thought they were awesome and powerful. But now I'm wondering if I'm going to be looking for a new subwoofer not too long after installing this one. What do you guys think?

I though I posted this already, but I can't find my thread. Anyway, I just got the Kicker L5 10" Solobaric with the R/T box. Now that I'm talking to people and participating on this forum I'm getting the feedback that these subs are mediocre and not good for sound quality (what I was shooting for). I bought these subs cause I've heard them in my friends car and thought they were awesome and powerful. But now I'm wondering if I'm going to be looking for a new subwoofer not too long after installing this one. What do you guys think?
You will always find an urge to get bigger or better. Dont worry about it and enjoy it while you have it.

I guess I should just be happy with what I have. I can't forget that I've lived with stock all my life and at one point I was rockin' headphones.... Trying to forget those days...

Man through that L5 in a home made big box with a big rectangular port and you'll be fine. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Man through that L5 in a home made big box with a big rectangular port and you'll be fine. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
I got the premade box by R/T. Think it's .80 cu ft not ported. Ported would have taken up more space than I would have liked.

I have had bad experience with prefab sealed enclosures. Particularly JL, they were as sealed as a screen door. However, if it is actually sealed that speaker will sound just fine.

Trade them in for the L7's you will love them, they are the difference between night and day. Also it does depend on what kinda box you have

FALSE THE DIFFERENCE IS NOT NIGHT AND DAY, MORE LIKE

6:00AM AND 6:01AM.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/handclap.gif.0c301076f534e244f0460706894f19e0.gif TO AN EXTENT.. SHITTY PRODUCTS WILL ALWAYS REMAIN SHITTY
Are you saying the L5s are shitty?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.