bad sound from subs

thank you everyone for your replys! it is the lowpass! the box is to big for high notes. I tied it a little and it plays much better! no its not bottoming out! these subs have a massive surround and I have yet to bottom them out! I will be getting some 6.5in subs to go in my doors and a seperate amp to power them so I don't have a gap in bass.

and to the person who said 4ft cubed is the problem you have no idea how much better this is than my 2.5ft cubed box.

and don't worry I will tune the two amps do I do not get cancellation from the two size subs!

thanks again guys! if you want to see subs and box and amp check out 907tacokid on youtube! I will be uploading new video in a few hours, after I tune the amp a little. so there's no horible noise! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

disregard most of this message! it wasn't the lpf it helped a little but when I tightened ground it fixed the problem at all hz

Last edited by a moderator:
actualy the subs wernt bottoming out, mechanically they can't bottom out. the surrounds won't let them. it was actualy my grounding! after 2 years of bass with my last box the lock nut broke its seal and it wasn't grounding properly! I tightened it up! now it plays great at all hz! I spent two weeks making this box I make sure it sounded great and holly ****! I did a good job! 4foot cubed tied to 32hz from an amp that's. doing 2k with volt drop! it's orgasmic! check out my new videos on YouTube to see it. search 907tacokid

ps thank you for all your replies. and no this didn't happen at low notes to who asked that. it was around 60hz

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.