bad place to mound mids? *pics*

Participant count
  • Participant list

reed dollaz
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Ocala, FL
first of all i couldnt fit them under thedoors without alot of extra work, so i threw them in here. they have decent midbass on somesongs. i would have loved them to be under the door but would u consider this a ghetto comp install?

Picture022.jpg

ok well people mount mids where theyre stock speakers used to be, so whats the difference? all i did was mount it on the door right wherethe speakers used to be, it just didnt fit under the door. ive heard kickpods work great,but ive also seen alot of installs done thisway. only theyres were mounted under thedoor panel. mines right on top of it, same location. so hows it the same?

only pic i have, i think. let me check. thats the door panel. where the 6.5" is, is where my stock 5 1/4's were. i just had to mount it on the outside, hence the gaps on each side from where the speaker grill used to be. ill go takea picture right now.. brb. its dark, hopefully the flash will capture itgood enough

heres the pic, i just took it literally 1 minute ago. my question was... aside from not looking all that great, is it ok for it to be mounted there? or should i have somehow found a way to mount it under the door panel

Picture036.jpg

I'm seeing only screws on one side and no support on the opposite half. That means you have half of a baffle that consists of a piece of plastic.
that was a temp pic after i had it mounted enough to hold the door up without them falling out. all the screws are in place now.

that was a temp pic after i had it mounted enough to hold the door up without them falling out. all the screws are in place now.
Either way you do not have a solid baffle, and the speaker basket is more than likely bending. You need an MDF ring at LEAST.

x2 on the baffle, but i was wrong. i seen the picture as your speaker was at the back of your door panel. just the way they were setup andhow the door looked. i was wrong. just do the baffle and those will be just fine

mine did, same ones you got. i even have a pic of it, here it is. this came with the package:

Picture019.jpg

the wooden ring. it was mounted (not bolted) to the mids when it was packaged. my mounting ring was inside the speaker grill

See if you can get the baffle behind the speaker so it's mounted solidly to the door. Then get some gray carpet like on your door and fill in the old spots showing where the stock grill was. Should look pretty good then...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.