Bad ground ?

theblazemaster
10+ year member

Hey i had a lanzar mxa234 2000w 2 channel amp it was pushing 2 12's fine i recently put 2 more 12's in and shortly after that i blew my amp i was thumpin hard on my way home from school when i smelt something then my bass turned off i looked back my amp went into protect and was smokin not bad but smoke came out it always got hot but never overheated and went into protect i got home unwired everything let it cool lowered my gain and played it with my gain about 1/4 of the way up it got hot sparked and then wont get power at all i started to read online and some say it could be a bad ground but i wasnt sure if it was that or if the addition of the 2 12's just made it push too hard and blew if you cud help that would be great i attached the pictures onto this post

what VC configuration are your subs how did you wire it . if you had it at 2 ohms before it wasnt 2 ohms when you added 2 more subs you had that amp at .5 ohms i bet

what VC configuration are your subs how did you wire it . if you had it at 2 ohms before it wasnt 2 ohms when you added 2 more subs you had that amp at .5 ohms i bet
this is what is was thinking as well, the ground looks like it might be ok,a bad ground shouldn't cause the amp to smoke .

bridged too, not stereo...

I used the cruthfield (i think) wiring diagram on their website and they said it would make the amp have a 2 ohm load but i was running in bridged so idk also i just got 1/0 gauge wire and was wanting to make sure that ground is ok before i hook that up

Ground is bad but thats not why your amp blew. Amp stable at 2ohm stereo you were running at 2 ohm bridged meaning each output section was receiving a 1ohm load. Doubt you have any fusing to the amp so you pulled to much current and poof magic smoke.

engine noise has nothing to do with anything , you wired the amps impedance too low and the amp is toast now .the ground point looks like it should be fine ,sand it down to the bare metal tho ,and re hook the amp up,but dont think it will work if you seen smoke .

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.