Bad experience with .......... "Dimitritodd" ..........

Ok some fault has to fall on the original seller (if the speakers are infact damaged due to abuse). Either way OP needs to refund the monies...At this point though there isn't much the original seller can do, the speakers have been through shipping twice.
I have bought brand new speakers and experienced VC rubbing right out of the box, although they were promptly replaced by the manufacturer, the blame went to the shipping co.

have him make a vid of them making the sounds, and in the same vid have him show the settings on the deck and on the amp, then if there are any adjustments that need to be made you can tell him from there and if that fixes the issue then the its over, if it doesnt then move on to the next step.

have him make a vid of them making the sounds, and in the same vid have him show the settings on the deck and on the amp, then if there are any adjustments that need to be made you can tell him from there and if that fixes the issue then the its over, if it doesnt then move on to the next step.
i like this....... BUT...... how do i know he wont change the settings on the amp or HU AFTER he POSSIBLY messed up the speakers? then im left refunding him and a set of speakers he messed up....

i wouldnt take them back, if they worked fine and now an issue you have no idea what he did to them. maybe a amp setting, maybe he played them to loud and damaged, who knows. either way, if you know for sure they played properly when you shipped them than its on him

i wouldnt take them back, if they worked fine and now an issue you have no idea what he did to them. maybe a amp setting, maybe he played them to loud and damaged, who knows. either way, if you know for sure they played properly when you shipped them than its on him
but he doesn't know if they worked right because he neva hooked them up when he purchased them he bought another set and post them back on ca. So, this is a raw deal either way you go dude. GL with working this out Jdm

buyer seems pretty level to me, from a business point. safest thing to do right now is to get the speakers back, and test them again, exactly as you did before. who knows, the suspension could be loose/worn, causing them to over-excurt on higher power levels. also as buyer about the cross-over settings, if any. they may be trying to play below their rated fr range. if they do not appear to be obviously cooked or damaged since you sent them, then refund. then, take up with dim. likely want to fully test them better to see any issues they might have.

but he doesn't know if they worked right because he neva hooked them up when he purchased them he bought another set and post them back on ca. So, this is a raw deal either way you go dude. GL with working this out Jdm
if thats the case they should be repaired and they should split cost

Code:
JDM, please clear your inbox so I can send you the link to the video. Nevermind I found a way to get it posted on here.

After reading through this thread I feel inclined to give my feedback, but will try to refrain from giving most of my thoughts due to trying to keep this sale professional. What I would like to add to this discussion though is the crossovers were originally plugged into the stock toyota tacoma head unit, and then the mids were wired into the crossovers. There were no amps in the loop. I only hooked the crossovers and mids up to an amp, an Alpine PDX 100.4, after I noticed the lead slap/coil rubbing sound comming out of the speakers. This was done to test the "possibly" broken set of hertz speakers against a proven working set of hertz speakers. I made no changes to my sound system during this testing so as to not further damage the speakers sold to me by JDM. Also, at no point in time did I ever hook the speakers up to a JL 300/4 because I do not own one. The speakers were paid for on October 1st received on October 6th, and a fair refund requested on October 11th after I was able to make sure that either of my systems were not the cause of the noise.

JDM, I would like to get this issue solved by the end of the week because we are nearing the end of the 3o day safety period offered to us by paypal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

Jdm94Coupe

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
Jdm94Coupe
McDonough, GA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied