Bad experience with .......... "Dimitritodd" ..........

Jdm94Coupe
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
I purchased a set of Hertz 165XL Midwoofers and Crossovers from Dimitritodd. I got a great deal on a set of MLK components so I posted the speakers for a little less then I paid for them.

I sold them to "firef4ly" .... 100% in the EXACT same condition I purchased them in. This is the message I received from him not to long after receiving the speakers.....

"Hey JDM,

I finally got those mids and crossovers installed in my truck yesterday, and they seem to be producing akward sounds when given moderate power that my other set of hertz speakers are given. From what I read on this forum it could be lead slap, coil rub or something else that I do not know how to describe. After reveiwing your for sale post multiple times I do not see any mention of this issue therefore I would like to return the item to you as it was sent to me and get a refund minus the 3% that it cost you to sell through paypal.

Thanks,

Michael. "

Now honestly, im fuc-king tired of getting scammed online and I'm not biting the bullet this time. I want Dimitritodd to return my money so I can return his. I'm not getting shafted this time......

I don't want the speakers back, as im sure firef4ly doesn't want them either. LMK if anyone of you know "dimitritodd" personally. I've sent him a pm and now a text message and I'm waiting on a return.

I am always scared to buy used speakers/subs... I haven't been burned yet.

It sounds like there may be distortion coming from another source though, or improper gain settings. The buyer should exhaust all possibilites before asking for a return/refund.

My thoughts...

I'll add this as well... I reciently sold my front and rear speakers and I did it locally so the buyer could hear them and I would have no reservations about anything being wrong with them at the time of the sale.

This puts you in a bad situation that isn't entirely your fault, but in this situation you pretty much have to give a refund, because you didn't install and test the speakers.

I did something similar with two HU's I bought and sold (one was BNIB and the other was used). I told the buyer's that if they had any issues to let me know and I would give them a full refund (within 14 days). I think that is as fair as anyone can be about it. He isn't asking for return shipping or anything more than what he gave you, it's better for you as a buyer to make seller's happy and get good feedback, imo...

if you didn't test before you resold it, no one's fault but yours
Ok some fault has to fall on the original seller (if the speakers are infact damaged due to abuse). Either way OP needs to refund the monies...

At this point though there isn't much the original seller can do, the speakers have been through shipping twice.

Ok some fault has to fall on the original seller (if the speakers are infact damaged due to abuse). Either way OP needs to refund the monies...At this point though there isn't much the original seller can do, the speakers have been through shipping twice.
there's really no way to prove that if the OP never tested it, therefore he is assed out

i never put them on an amp.... i just plugged them up to my civic to see if they played.... no issue but then again, that was hu power..... i just talked to dimi through text

he says that he is 100% sure the speakers were in 100% working order. he says he had them on a jl 300/4 and that firef4ly most likely has way too much power to them or he has improperly set his gains.

i never put them on an amp.... i just plugged them up to my civic to see if they played.... no issue but then again, that was hu power..... i just talked to dimi through text
he says that he is 100% sure the speakers were in 100% working order. he says he had them on a jl 300/4 and that firef4ly most likely has way too much power to them or he has improperly set his gains.
I kinda figured that may be the case...

either way something could have happened during shipping.
as long as they were packaged halfway decent i doubt shipping messed them up.

I bet he has too much power ran to them...or amplifier settings are all jacked up

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

Jdm94Coupe

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
Jdm94Coupe
McDonough, GA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies