Backup Camera Install 2005 Nissan Altima

Participant count
  • Participant list

NTRAVIGLIA

Hello, I am puzzled!

I have a 2005 Nissan Altima with a no name aftermarket Stereo/DVD/Navigation System. The system is installed and working great as it should. I cannot install the back up camera that I bought to save my life. The camera is here:

https://www.amazon.com/Chetoo-Waterproof-Viewing-Definition-Reversing/dp/B01M627XPC/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1483660909&sr=8-2&keywords=chetoo+backup+camera

I have looked over diagrams and online to see what wire colors were for the reverse lights. I have gotten several answers, but, have tested them all. The strongest answer i found was that the reverse wire + was Green/White. After trying this and not succeeding - I took off the light panel to reveal the actual two wires were Red/Blue + and Black for ground. These wires were going directly to the reverse bulb.

There is also a "reverse" wire coming out of the back of the head unit. As well as a "camera" video in that you connect the BU camera's outgoing yellow video RCA to.

From start to finish I have done several things:

1. Tried all green wires in rear lights harness for turn on power when car is n reverse... Hooked up ground wire as well as video plug. Hooked "reverse" wire to all green wires (one by one) - No Luck

2. Hooked up power and ground to actual corresponding wires for reverse light (realized after taking out light panel and looking at reverse bulb) Ran a wire from the "reverse" on back of head nit to that Red/Blue + wire on the reverse light. Ran yellow video connector to "Camera" video in plug on back of head unit - No Luck

3. Did all the above but hooked up the black ground to a heavy bolt on the metal inside of car in trunk, thinking it may have been a grounding issue - No Luck

3. Did all of the above and ran a wire to the ACC on the back of the unit, thinking maybe it needed a switch to turn on camera (I know, the Red/Blue wire would do that... got desperate) - No Luck

Can anyone think of something I may be missing...? Maybe I am forgetting to hook up a wire or do something to make this work? I went in to my radio settings once all as hooked up to see if there anything I need to do for the head unit in order to make camera go on when in reverse - Nothing.

Here is a picture of the Camera pieces. The head unit has one "Camera" yellow RCA plug and one "Video out" yellow RCA plug. It also has one brown wire that says "Reverse" on it. Other than that, the wires and their functions are pretty standard (Speakers, ACC, P-Ant, Ground, etc...)

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=26555822&d=1483661321&thumb=1&stc=1

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.