BACK AGAIN

Participant count
  • Participant list

Ignatowski
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
Dirty South
So for 10 years my gear has been in storage and I want to buy a new HU and reinstall my ****
into my F150..
12" FIQ
Elemental Designs 9.1
Diamond D6 800.2
ADS 6.5" comps

The amps are huge compared to todays standards and my old Excelon 889 HU is prehistoric and I need a new
Excelon
I guess what im asking is the smaller amps up to the task compared to my OG stuff,I would not mind the smaller footprint

Last edited:
Modern Korean build amps are going to be nearly identical to the 10 year old ones you have now. Their designs haven't changed much if any. You can save space but you're not gaining anything else dumping a pile of money into new amps. FiQ should hold its own still.

Head units are only getting cheaper for more/better features so you're in for a nice upgrade there. Get you some nice door speakers for the front and you're good. The JBL Staduim 6x8 are really nice for front doors of a Ford truck if you don't mind the price.

If you can fit the amps then rock em. Those are some nice ones. What year and is it a crew cab?

I would get a new Kenwood double din. You pay a premium for wireless CarPlay/android auto but if you don’t mind using a usb cord, you can get some nice units for $300-$400.

How do you plan on doing your box for the Q?

If you can fit the amps then rock em. Those are some nice ones. What year and is it a crew cab?

I would get a new Kenwood double din. You pay a premium for wireless CarPlay/android auto but if you don’t mind using a usb cord, you can get some nice units for $300-$400.

How do you plan on doing your box for the Q?

The Q needs a big ass box,looking for a person now to make me one. Last time i got a seat lift kit and had a 2.5CF ported box so Id like to stick with that theme. I can make an amp rack on the rear wall like I had last time and have plenty of room The truck is a 2015 F150 bought new and added speakers,im just so over it and ready to get back in.
Kenwood has always been my brand so ill stick with it.

That’s basically what I did with my F-150 as well. Built an amp rack on the wall and there is plenty of room. IMO Kenwood has the best HU offerings currently.

Ask @shredder2, he can design one and charges only 15-20 bucks for it and they are well thought out designs. Many people here have used him for a design. If you are handy enough to build a box then he is the person you should talk to. I just had him do up a design for a box I am going to build in 3 weeks or so for a pair of American Bass TNT-1044s and I love the design. Can't wait to build it and put those in my Explorer.

That’s basically what I did with my F-150 as well. Built an amp rack on the wall and there is plenty of room. IMO Kenwood has the best HU offerings currently.

id love some pics for inspiration of yuor truck..The doors are 6x8s and the tweets are in the pillar,if much prefer them all in the door ,what did you end up doing?

Pioneer 80-PRS is still the best overall HU for having the best amount of controls. You can buy them NIB for around $200-240 if you look hard enough. I bought mine for $200 shipped on eBay, it took me a month or 2 to get that price but it was well worth it in the long run. I was using a Kenwood KDC-X998 which was the highest unit Kenwood had and the Pioneer is hands down a lot better overall at least for a Single Din that is.

Last edited:
Pioneer 80-PRS is still the best overall HU for having the best amount of controls. You can buy them NIB for around $200-240 if you look hard enough. I bought mine for $210 shipped on eBay, it took me a month or 2 to get that price but it was well worth it in the long run. I was using a Kenwood KDC-X998 which was the highest unit Kenwood had and the Pioneer is hands down a lot better overall at least for a Single Din that is.
for the F150 im getting modern head unit,something that I can link up with blue tooth and all that ****,Android ready . I still own my 889 which was fantastic but I need some technology .Besides the install kit would be Idatalink FTR1 which had a double din hole

I’ll snag some pics when I can. I ended up using 6.5’s and just made some baffles. I didn’t have a stock tweeter spot so I put it in the door where it meets the pillar. Mines an 09 so it has some years. I’m in the process of a complete overhaul once I finish with my wife’s 4Runner.

I’ll snag some pics when I can. I ended up using 6.5’s and just made some baffles. I didn’t have a stock tweeter spot so I put it in the door where it meets the pillar. Mines an 09 so it has some years. I’m in the process of a complete overhaul once I finish with my wife’s 4Runner.

BTW I have that D5 600.2 brand new on my shelf
I tested it yesterday along with the 800.2 which I plan to reuse
If im not mistaken they are made in usa and really clean amps.
Not sure how good the new stuff is but these old ones kick butt

Yeah I love my D5 600.2. Sadly I’m going to retire it though and go active in my truck. It’s long overdue and have 3-4 4 channels I need to use

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.