B-Stock Raammat

7ender
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Anybody know anything about this? It's on ebay for about 100/shipped a roll (62.5 ft).

It says it has lower heat tolerances, and shoudl only be used on the floors.

However, I am on an extremely tight budget, do you think it would be okay to use this all around? Anybody have experience wth it and could compare it to "A stock" raammat?

I'm planning on deadening doors and trunk. My other option is Edead v1se^2, which will run me about the same price as the b stock raammat. Between the two, which would you pick?

You can see it here: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/RAAMmat-BXT-B-Stock_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ38647QQihZ016QQitemZ260234945752QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

i believe that is a different thickness then the actual product. something went wrong when making it i believe so thats why it is considered b stock because it is not as thick as the actual product. i dont see why it would be a problem and thats a good price. even though i got my stuff for 90 shipped...group buy. but i would pick it up

Lower heat tolerance is reason for concern. No warranty and specified only for use on floors is reason for concern. I like RAAMmat just fine, but this is not just a thinner version of regular RAAMmat, it is a rejected batch.

all it has is lower heat tolerance, the original is something like tested to 325 degrees or somewhere aroung there. this stuff i would think would at least be able to withstand 200 degrees. if your car is over 200 degrees then you have other problems that need attending before your sound deadner. it will be fine

all it has is lower heat tolerance, the original is something like tested to 325 degrees or somewhere aroung there. this stuff i would think would at least be able to withstand 200 degrees. if your car is over 200 degrees then you have other problems that need attending before your sound deadner. it will be fine
The eBay listing says 175°F. Regular RAAMmat is spec'd on the site to be "Guaranteed to 300°F". That may be true for brief exposure, but in my testing, 240°F is a safer number. 175°F is below the melting temperature of asphalt. I don't know what this stuff is and I doubt you do. How can you assure anybody it will be fine - especially when it is being sold "as is" with no warranty at all, for floor use only? Rick is a reputable guy, but he isn't selling this and it has no RAAMaudio backing.

Since it has a different heat tolerance, it has a different formula. A different formula almost GUARANTEES a different effectiveness. I'm not telling people not to buy this stuff, I'm telling them not to think they are getting RAAMmat with cosmetic or even thickness problems. This is a completely different thing. The seller is telling you not to use it anywhere that adhesive strength matters. Why would anyone ignore that warning and more to the point, why tell people it is safe to do so?

Okay, so you would pick v1se edead over this?
That's a terrible choice to offer me - RAAMmat that isn't RAAMmat or eDead with the worthless Mylar facing //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Seriously guys, buy less of a better product - regular RAAMmat is decent stuff and spread it out. Pay less attention to price per square foot and more to get as much good quality material as you can afford. Half as much butyl adhesive/aluminum foil faced deadener laid out in a checkerboard pattern will probably give you better results than solid coverage of something that's inferior or that you don't know what it is.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.