AVIC shootout D3 v. F900 v. F700

Bluedevil
10+ year member

Maine
I want a Double DIN NAV HU that can play video as well... I'm weighing the three of these units and while the D3 has had good reviews, it seems like it is getting old in the tooth. The F series units seem newer, but I can't discern noticeable differences between the two. The issue of needing the DVD in the D3 to do NAV isn't critical as I will mostly use the radio and ipod for music and the DVD video will only be used on rare occasions.

Also, I want to spend as close to, or under, 400 as I can.

Thanks

The D3 is nice but for the nav you have to use the disc. The 700 doesnt have dvd, and the 900 does everything. The only thing i have noticed about the F series is that they have a longer loading time and somewhat of a lag. I would do either the D3 or 900.

ummm ..... a "shootout" is where you buy all 3 and do your own comparative tests.
I'm hoping others have done the shooting for me... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Neither the 500 or 700 have DVD. They can both do Ipod of you buy Pioneers cables. the 500 is an on dash module and its honestly junk for how much it costs.
How well does that work? I've got plenty of DVD Rips so converting several to put on my ipod is no big deal. Do they all need to be Divx?

As much as I can I'd like to avoid using DVD media in the car, but having the ability to use one would be nice. If I can save 100 bucks or so, then I can do without.

I'm hoping others have done the shooting for me... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
We used to have magazines do that, but now everything is on the net .... and VERY few people have that kind of money just for testing stuff

I'm a little hesitant to go with the D3 as it came out nearly 3 years ago. I can't imagine skipping a generation or two to back to 2006 for a unit, but I've heard the D3 is great.

My Advice is wait like 3 weeks then buy a F90. Pioneer is releasing their new products right now so all the older stuff will be going on clearance. You will be able to pick up the best unit for a cheap price. Just make sure you don't get a refurb.

What is wrong with refurbs? I'm good with waiting a few weeks, until the new stock hits all the stores, and I am leaning toward the F90/900.

I had heard some bad reviews on the F series, but it doesn't seem the bulk of these reviews are positive for many of these units.

What is wrong with refurbs? I'm good with waiting a few weeks, until the new stock hits all the stores, and I am leaning toward the F90/900.
I had heard some bad reviews on the F series, but it doesn't seem the bulk of these reviews are positive for many of these units.
When you buy a new F90 you get a two year warranty. When you buy a refurb there is a 90 day warranty only. All unused units will be going on clearance when Pioneer releases the new Z110BT. The F90 retails for 1000 right now with their instant rebate, you can expect that to go down around 750-800. The bad reviews on the F90 were all before the 2.0 update. The complaints were about their loading time and slow ipod response. When they did the update, it cut load times less then in half, and dramatically improved Ipod speeds.

thanks for that.... does the F900 have the same warranty? It seemed the F90 and the F900 are exactly the same with the 90 having the Premier badge. Does the F700 have a 2 year in that case?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.