Average speakers in front , good speakers for rear?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Usernamelol

CarAudio.com Newbie
So I recently installed these Pioneer ts-a6967s in front after woman at shop said that’s the best one they have. Turns out they sounds exactly like stock , no difference other then clearer. Came across video today of Rockford T1650 on YouTube and they sound a world of difference with no amp. Better bass , more sound

since I took door panels off 2x to install these i would like to avoid taking off again to replace to avoid prones wearing out. So if I just change the rears to Rockfordwill I still hear a big difference? I know guys on here say rear don’t matter but….

Front stage is all that matters. I wouldn't exactly go off Youtube videos on how a speaker sounds though. Every speaker is going to basically sound the same online since it's playing through your computer/phones speaker and youtube quality.

Front stage is all that matters. I wouldn't exactly go off Youtube videos on how a speaker sounds though. Every speaker is going to basically sound the same online since it's playing through your computer/phones speaker and youtube quality.
Bummer. Well thanks for help. Thought I could atleast gain in bass by rears but oh well

Most people just do a really nice set of components in the front with a 4 channel amplifier and then if they do rear speakers they run them off of the head unit. Plus without a aftermarket head unit and 4 channel no aftermarket speaker is going to sound decent. So I would consider doing those two things possibly if not then you are probably best with stock until you can afford to do something like that. And yeah pop is right trusting that stuff off of youtube isn't a good idea. Lots of good components and cheap 4 channels out there that are not expensive at all. Most of us go active meaning just a set of tweeters and 6.5" with the crossover being controlled by the head unit. What year, model and make is it going in?

Most people just do a really nice set of components in the front with a 4 channel amplifier and then if they do rear speakers they run them off of the head unit. Plus without a aftermarket head unit and 4 channel no aftermarket speaker is going to sound decent. So I would consider doing those two things possibly if not then you are probably best with stock until you can afford to do something like that. And yeah pop is right trusting that stuff off of youtube isn't a good idea. Lots of good components and cheap 4 channels out there that are not expensive at all. Most of us go active meaning just a set of tweeters and 6.5" with the crossover being controlled by the head unit. What year, model and make is it going in?

I would have definitely went with aftermarket first as I did in previous cars and made the sound 3x better. The problem is it’s a 2017 tahoe, and it have the screen in front of hidden compartment that radio slides up and down. So changing it will take away the feature or would be real hard to do the way it’s made

Then an aftermarket DSP is the way to go so you can still add amplifiers if you ever decide to go that route. Dayton DSP-408 or the Rockford Fosgate are the cheapest options and both work really good.

My take on it is: I won’t even waste time installing aftermarket speakers on headunit power, just isn’t worth it to me and I never will (mind you, I have no idea how much power an OEM 2017 Tahoe system is putting to the speakers, so it might be decent IDK). An exception would be damaged OEM speakers where they make bad noises and such, and that has been a rare occurrence for me. To each their own in that regard, but all the ones I heard like that growing up were just a waste of money / time, if it isn’t amped with at least 100w per channel I don’t want to install it, and modern vehicles OEM speakers seem way better than they were many years ago.

As many say, front stage is all that matters for enjoying music, rear is for fill or simply more volume, so I suppose your end result would contribute to how the rear is setup, if anything.

The times I want rear speakers is when I’m simply going for more volume, crank it up type loud and having amped rears certainly added to that. I’ve ran just component sets up front and have been very happy with sound, however, I have also ran rears too in the past for when I want to just crank it up and it most definitely adds volume, so this will be up to you; neither is wrong, just what you’re wanting.

I get the feeling the Rockford’s and other similar speakers on the cars stock power still may leave you wanting more, though it's hard to say without hearing it in person.

On a 4 door vehicle.. I like to run a component set up front minimum of 90rms speakers on 75 rms power ,and run rear coax. 60rms min. on 50 rms min. passengers need something to listen to sometimes as well. And a little bit of fill in the gap sure helps that void. But.. I always run an amp on all my speakers period, and do front door deadening min.

Install and tuning make the biggest difference in mid bass output.

NOT SPEAKER CHOICE

You might get slightly more bass out of the larger motor of the rockford mids but. It will likely just sound nearly the same.

Sound deadening, sealing the doors, isolating the speaker to just the speaker opening, all make vast improvements to door speaker sound.

Tuning the phase can have dramatic effects as can time alignment.

But at the end of the day, door speakers are not designed to play bass they are for vocals and midbass.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...