Automatic amp kill with switch?

rynet91
10+ year member

I am inserting a switch so that if I need to kill the amp, I can. I installed it and when the switch is on, the amp is on: when the switch is off, the amp is off. But is there a way to make the amp automatically turn off with my receiver when there is a switch installed?

My switch is a 12V, ground wire, power wire from amp, and remote wire spliced (one end to receiver, one end to switch).

No, unless you use the headunits remote wire, the amp will stay on if you use a constant 12v wire, then the amp is constantly getting 12 volts, and is not signaled to turn off. By using the headunits remote wire, then the amp can turn off because the remote wire loses power when head unit is switched off.

No, unless you use the headunits remote wire, the amp will stay on if you use a constant 12v wire, then the amp is constantly getting 12 volts, and is not signaled to turn off. By using the headunits remote wire, then the amp can turn off because the remote wire loses power when head unit is switched off.
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/clap.gif.178cba2c538c68e720c727fcb024b19c.gif

So instead of splicing the remote wire and sticking the switch in the middle, I just run the wire from HU to switch? That is what I got out of your post.

Because I have one remote wire running from the HU to the amp, I stuck a switch in the middle hoping that it would do like I described above, but it doesnt.

How is that any different than how I have it setup now? The wires will still be touching and connecting because its on the same terminal. Here is a diagraam of what I have setup:

30hwl0w.gif

Red: Power

Blue: Remote

The ground is not shown.

whats hard??? why is there a 12v constant to the remote? thats why it stays on.

just do power/ground as normal. and put the switch between the HU and amp on the remote wire.

simple and easy //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

So instead of splicing the remote wire and sticking the switch in the middle, I just run the wire from HU to switch? That is what I got out of your post.
Because I have one remote wire running from the HU to the amp, I stuck a switch in the middle hoping that it would do like I described above, but it doesnt.

Wait... you got this switch in your remote wire running from your HU to your amp. THERE IS NOTHING ELSE WIRED TO THE switch, and this thing somehow lets your amp be on when the HU is off?

Wait is this a lighted switch? Again..... jesus...

WHY do you have constant 12V going to the switch??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

They threatened to permaban your sorry ass if you didn't start posting worthwhile **** huh?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.