auto-tuning vs. self tuning

Falcons
5,000+ posts

that **** i dont like
i am stuck between the alpine imprint pxe-h6600 and the rf 3sixty.2

the imprint does auto-tuning, but the 3sixty.2 does not.

my question is, will the sq be thrown off to much if i use an auto-tuner instead of doing everything myself? im not looking to compete here, i just want rich sound and im curious if the auto-tuning will match up close to self tuning with the 3sixty.2

i like the rockford with the computer software and the mic. the software will take a base reading and chart it out then u can cut what frequencies are highest to match the lower frequencies. this eliminates clipping caused by the eq. most auto eqs will boost the lower frequencies which can cause clipping at these frequencies. and besides i like to see the changes that are being made.

both are nice though and btw the alpine h800 is out now and is a good bit better than its predecessor

i like the rockford with the computer software and the mic. the software will take a base reading and chart it out then u can cut what frequencies are highest to match the lower frequencies. this eliminates clipping caused by the eq. most auto eqs will boost the lower frequencies which can cause clipping at these frequencies. and besides i like to see the changes that are being made.
both are nice though and btw the alpine h800 is out now and is a good bit better than its predecessor
thanks man. yeah ive decided on the 3sixty.2. i like the fact that i can do everything from my computer so i know exactly what is going on.

to add to this, the auto-eq is only as good as the mic placement and the curve the program tries to match. you don't want truly flat, you want to follow equal loudness contours.
Do most algorithms/ programs not account for this? I know my music sounded completely different after Alpine Imprint. Some aspects were way better while others ******. Does the 360.2 do auto-eq then show you what it did AND allow you to modify the curve?!

some let you modify the curve, some don't. i don't use auto-EQ unless i can modify the curve so i'm not sure what each brand does. but anyone using auto-eq should verify what curve it is actually going for first.

i am stuck between the alpine imprint pxe-h6600 and the rf 3sixty.2
the imprint does auto-tuning, but the 3sixty.2 does not.

my question is, will the sq be thrown off to much if i use an auto-tuner instead of doing everything myself? im not looking to compete here, i just want rich sound and im curious if the auto-tuning will match up close to self tuning with the 3sixty.2
rta equals perfection.

Auto tuning is for the lazy people.

I don't know why people don't realize placement of your tweeters, mids & sub play a more important part then just adding a processor & just say auto tune it to get that perfect sound that you're looking for.

First off you should get to know your speakers.

You can start with your mids. How are they mounted?

Doors, door pods, kick pods!

Tweeter are the in the doors, pillars? On axis off axis?

Sub is it in sealed box or ported ?

Once you find out what works best for you, then I get the graph chart on them to see where you need to EQ them, then you can do the etc......

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.