Aura RPM 2300

The Kickers are Comp VR's, and they're dual voice coils. I bought them in 2001, and I assume they were 2001 or 2000 year models. I don't know what ohm load they are wired in my car. My original setup was done by a shop, and then I switched the box to my Civic. A few years back, the box got water damaged, and I got a new sealed box for them, so they have a relatively new box (2007 purchased).
I am thinking maybe I can run the T3's on my Civic and bump my Kicker CVR's to the Camaro, but I really like the flexibility of the Infinity's. Also, my buddy just bought a complete JL Audio system for his ride, and has a COMPLETE set of HiFonics (2 amp, sub, etc) that his buddy who owns a shop is holding, so I'm going to head over there and talk to him about stuff.

I don't know how good of a system HiFonics is, that's why I'm hesitating on that option, and wanted to do some research. His car hit though, but he has an older Camaro, which was hatchback. My Camaro is the newer one, and my subs will be in the trunk. I don't know how much of a difference this makes.
Meh, I wouldn't run the hifonics gear. If u like the kickers, keep Those and if u want other subs, of the ones you've mentioned I'd go infinity. Also look into dayton subs, Boston acoustics, JBL, etc

Meh, I wouldn't run the hifonics gear. If u like the kickers, keep Those and if u want other subs, of the ones you've mentioned I'd go infinity. Also look into dayton subs, Boston acoustics, JBL, etc
I've never owned another pair so I honestly have nothing to base my comparison on. The Kicker's have been reliable and still work to this day, so I've never needed to change them out. I don't know how well they perform compared to those Infinity's for example. I DO want to get a little more bass, but I don't know if that would be upgrading the subs, amp, or both. I think I'm definitely going to need the new amp, the Sony XPlod amp I have bought after my Kenwood finally died (bought it at the same time as the Kickers) is nowhere near as powerful as the Kenwood was. Plus, at 100, I don't think I can go wrong with this guy.

Thoughts on how the Kickers or the Infinity would mate with this amp ????

Assuming it's newer HiFonics.... it's pretty sub-par quality. Not really known for producing their rated power or lasting very long. It's a bummer your friend pissed away all that money on JL. Anyways, if you like the Kickers, go ahead and use them, they should match well with the amp. And at the price of the T3, you really can't go wrong. I'd be sure to get a proper ported enclosure designed and built for them though to get the most out of them.

The Sony Xplod amp I'd go ahead and sell, those are of exceptionally poor quality.

The Infinitys would be just fine for the amp too. The adjustable ohm-load is very nice.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.