Aura RPM 2300

I meant more in the sense that the ceiling of the amp is nowhere near the ceiling of the sub.
What woofers/brand would you recommend for this amp then???? And no, I don't want to spend Audison money. Preferably something decent. I don't care about brands, I just want good SQ.
Well you're not gonna get anything close to SQ from a Kicker, unless you're looking to spend several thousand dollars. Quite the contrary of spending more money, I think they Kicker and JL are your most expensive options...

I'd look at this Dayton: Dayton Audio RSS315HF-4 12" Reference HF Subwoofer 4 Ohm High Fidelity Reference Series 295-464

And if you had a bit more power, I'd consider a pair of these TC Sounds Epics: TC Sounds Epic 12" DVC Subwoofer 293-650

Not that they wouldn't do well on the lower power, I just think they'd do phenomenal off 1200w or so.

Also, maybe even these T3, not sure about the build quality on them, I'd ask around though. They're a good deal: http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=269-088

The Infinity speakers sound like winners. Are they more SQ or SPL speakers ???? Would you guys recommend them ???? How would they pair with this amp, or a HiFonics amp ????

Why are those T3's so cheap ???? Anyone have any experience with them ????

Infinity is usually more SQ
Those t3s are a buyout so that's why theyre cheap. Same with the aura amps
So where would you rate Infinity around Kickers or JL Audio ???? Why does everyone seem to gravitate towards those brands ????

I do have some Kicker Comp VR's dual voice coils that I picked up back in 2001 that are STILL in my Civic today, so if nothing else, they've been reliable.

Why are they put down so much everywhere ???? I'm just trying to understand. I think I'm going to go with the Infinity's because of the adjustable ohms. I like that if my amp goes down, or I want to get a bigger one, I have flexibility.

Also, since its a buyout, I assume the warranty is pretty moot for the Aura amp, right ????

So where would you rate Infinity around Kickers or JL Audio ???? Why does everyone seem to gravitate towards those brands ????

I do have some Kicker Comp VR's dual voice coils that I picked up back in 2001 that are STILL in my Civic today, so if nothing else, they've been reliable.

Why are they put down so much everywhere ???? I'm just trying to understand. I think I'm going to go with the Infinity's because of the adjustable ohms. I like that if my amp goes down, or I want to get a bigger one, I have flexibility.

Also, since its a buyout, I assume the warranty is pretty moot for the Aura amp, right ????

So where would everyone rate Infinity against Kickers or JL Audio ???? Why does everyone seem to gravitate towards those brands ????

I do have some Kicker Comp VR's dual voice coils that I picked up back in 2001 that I've used virtually every day since then, and they are STILL in my Civic today. So if nothing else, they've been reliable, for me.

A lot of ppl don't run kicker subs because "u can get better for the money"....personally I think CVRs are decent for getting moderately loud on a budget and mine lasted forever as well. But I don't always agree with ppl.... Most other kicker subs are over priced though and the SQ is nothing great on em.

And yes pe should still warrant it. Parts express is great with customer service

Your Kickers from 2001 are different from the Kickers today. Which, are poorly built fart subs for the most part. JL are mostly SQ oriented, but are priced at least twice what they are worth. People gravitate towards them because they are the most advertised. Most of the underground brands you see people talking about on forums don't spend any money on advertisement, so they keep the cost MUCH lower, and put all the money into developing a better product.

T3 went the same way, and they are cheap because it's a buyout. Much like the Aura amps. Not that they aren't a good product, they are just cheap. A rare exception of, "too good to be true".

And, as said, PE.com has exceptional customer service that will always take care of you.

Your Kickers from 2001 are different from the Kickers today. Which, are poorly built fart subs for the most part. JL are mostly SQ oriented, but are priced at least twice what they are worth. People gravitate towards them because they are the most advertised. Most of the underground brands you see people talking about on forums don't spend any money on advertisement, so they keep the cost MUCH lower, and put all the money into developing a better product. T3 went the same way, and they are cheap because it's a buyout. Much like the Aura amps. Not that they aren't a good product, they are just cheap. A rare exception of, "too good to be true".

And, as said, PE.com has exceptional customer service that will always take care of you.
Would you recommend I use those Kickers in my new setup ???? I'm afraid I don't know much about how speakers deteriorate over time etc.

Would they go well with this Aura amp ????

And I'm afraid I'm a retard and don't know what a buyout refers to in the sale of goods to an end user. I Googled the term and it came up with what I already know, it's used with companies or stocks or what have you.

Would you recommend I use those Kickers in my new setup ???? I'm afraid I don't know much about how speakers deteriorate over time etc.

And I'm afraid I'm a retard and don't know what a buyout refers to in the sale of goods to an end user. I Googled the term and it came up with what I already know, it's used with companies or stocks or what have you.
What model kickers do u have? Year? Ohm load?

Basically in my mind buyout = super low prices.....couple that with parts express customer service and u can't beat it IMO....which is why I run an aura amp now and love it. My subs also came from pe. My mids are sold there as well...can't go wrong with PE

2001 isn't that old. I would think they will be fine. However todays subs are more advanced than the older ones. Mainly more power handling.

Most 2 channel amps, including the aura 2300, need a 4 ohm load. If your subs can be wired to 4 ohms and it provides enough power than it will be fine.

Aura stopped selling retail. They are oem only now. So they cleared out their warehouses of old products for dirt cheap. Pe bought it all. You can look at the pe website for the more info, but I think it is like 30 days.

Fwiw, a friend of mime has been running one for over 5 years with no problems.

What model kickers do u have? Year? Ohm load?
Basically in my mind buyout = super low prices.....couple that with parts express customer service and u can't beat it IMO....which is why I run an aura amp now and love it. My subs also came from pe. My mids are sold there as well...can't go wrong with PE
The Kickers are Comp VR's, and they're dual voice coils. I bought them in 2001, and I assume they were 2001 or 2000 year models. I don't know what ohm load they are wired in my car. My original setup was done by a shop, and then I switched the box to my Civic. A few years back, the box got water damaged, and I got a new sealed box for them, so they have a relatively new box (2007 purchased).

I am thinking maybe I can run the T3's on my Civic and bump my Kicker CVR's to the Camaro, but I really like the flexibility of the Infinity's mentioned in this thread. They are also a very good price for that amount of flexibility. Also, my buddy just bought a whole new system for his ride (it's a show car for him) and used all JL Audio, so he has a COMPLETE set of HiFonics (2 amp, sub, etc) that his buddy who owns a shop is holding, so I'm going to head over there and talk to him about stuff. But then, I'm kind of weary of someone who recommended JL Audio over the brands you guys mention (he did however, also recommend the HiFonics setup)

I don't know how good of a system HiFonics is, that's why I'm hesitating on that option, and wanted to do some research. His car hit though, but he has an older Camaro, which was hatchback. My Camaro is the newer one, and my subs will be in the trunk. I don't know how much of a difference this makes.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.