Audioque

I understand there is a way.. thats not the point. The point is, for a simple minded end user on a budget D1 isnt the best option. If I wanted a single AQ HDC4 and not spend a fortune or take up space with 2 amps, I would basically be forced to run @ .5 ohm.
What simple-minded user on a budget is running a 2k rms, 4" coil monster of a sub? Lol.

no you wouldn't you could run 2ohm as well.

This...there's nothing wrong with 2 ohms..

---------- Post added at 01:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:18 PM ----------

What simple-minded user on a budget is running a 2k rms, 4" coil monster of a sub? Lol.

Simple minded people don't think of how big the coil is. They look for price and power.

no you wouldn't you could run 2ohm as well.
Show me a quality 2k rms amp that isnt a Kicker.

Stop arguing with me damnit! You get my point! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif I dont want to have to buy 2 amps to run 1 sub! Budget or not, most people will probably agree thats not the best option. A better option would be to make the HDC in other coil configs. Lol

AQ will have the new logo on their line up by the years end. At this time there is little to no large alterations planned other then logo alterations.

As for the D1 on the hdc4. It is very simple actualy. Most guys who purchase the hdc4 will want a D1 setup for competing. All though the hdc4 will work great on a daily setup that was not the intention of the sub. It is a fairly good driver for the price and is actually very musical considering the goals of that driver.

i dont have the hdc4, and im not big on d1 subs because i dont have the electrical for a .5 ohm setup and it is kinda hard to find a good 2k+ amp at 2ohm unless its kicker and i usually budget my buy's so kicker is out of the question. but i really like my hdc3, they are not the best, but price vs performance makes them a good buy.regardless of the name i would still buy them, its just a dust cap anyway

Call AQ and see how long the old logo will be available, especially dustcaps so you could just do them on the subs you got later on.

I was told that the HDC4 is only D1 because the gap it too tight for a D2 coil. This came straight from DJ.

I run my 3500's at .5ohm daily with no issues. Guys who are worried about the electrical to power an amp at .5ohm probably shouldn't be looking at a 4" VC sub. Stick to the 3" copper or alum...

i just recently bought a audioque AQ1200D Amplifier and i have it hooked up to a pair of alpine type r's at 4ohms and it hits pretty hard and sounds **** good too i am very happy i bought ''AUDIOQUE/SOUNDQUBED" cant wait to hook it up at 1ohm...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Spldecendant

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
Spldecendant
Ny
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date