Audioque

Spldecendant
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Ny
Im looking to buy some audioque 15's hdc4 but I'm worried with this new soundquebed thing when I want to get 2 more in the future they will have diffrent logos and few things, also if I need a recone for 1 I will have to change all the subs over. So should I purchase them or not?

Companies the same it's just dumb how they have to change a lot of people are not using AQ for this reason its up to you eventually there will be some logo changes on the product.

I personally wouldn't are you stuck on them? for the price imo better can be had look into Fi, AA and DC.

Companies the same it's just dumb how they have to change a lot of people are not using AQ for this reason its up to you eventually there will be some logo changes on the product.
I personally wouldn't are you stuck on them? for the price imo better can be had look into Fi, AA and DC.
Wha?? That's an odd opinion. Especially since all of the comparable subs you listed are more than the AQ's.

Just get them, dude. If they change the stupid logo before you get the next pair, ask for new dustcaps for free.

Wha?? That's an odd opinion. Especially since all of the comparable subs you listed are more than the AQ's.
Just get them, dude. If they change the stupid logo before you get the next pair, ask for new dustcaps for free.
Also since he just posted on the aq2200 seeing if he would take trades. I think if the company remodels and changes up all their lines, the older amps and subs (aq) would go up in value.

If a logo is that important to you, then maybe you should buy something else. Personally, what turns me away from the HDC4 is the impedance. Dual 1 is the only option, which doesnt make sense because it doesnt even match up with their amplifiers! Why would a company sell a subwoofer that they dont have a matching amp for? (unless you run @ .5, which isnt warrantied)

lol righht... other companies 4" coil subs are MUCh more.. like the FI sp4 thats like 650 shipped area...

and im pretty sure AA and DC dont have 4" coil subs?..

Also since he just posted on the aq2200 seeing if he would take trades. I think if the company remodels and changes up all their lines, the older amps and subs (aq) would go up in value.
i dont see that happening, there is enough of them around, where theyll just stay the same price with the SoundQubed line unless its 20 years from now..

then yay for mee

If a logo is that important to you, then maybe you should buy something else. Personally, what turns me away from the HDC4 is the impedance. Dual 1 is the only option, which doesnt make sense because it doesnt even match up with their amplifiers! Why would a company sell a subwoofer that they dont have a matching amp for? (unless you run @ .5, which isnt warrantied)
Any of their amps that would supply power to them, Aq3500, 2200, can run .5 ohm daily without any issues, and with rise and music variability in impedence, a true .5 ohm is never seen.

For example, i am running 2 aq1200ds at 1.4 ohm strapped, each amp is seeing .7 ohms nominally, but the second a tone or any music is played, the impedence goes up.

i dont see that happening, there is enough of them around, where theyll just stay the same price with the SoundQubed line unless its 20 years from now..then yay for mee

Any of their amps that would supply power to them, Aq3500, 2200, can run .5 ohm daily without any issues, and with rise and music variability in impedence, a true .5 ohm is never seen.

For example, i am running 2 aq1200ds at 1.4 ohm strapped, each amp is seeing .7 ohms nominally, but the second a tone or any music is played, the impedence goes up.
Yes, but do they expect people to buy a subwoofer and run their amp at a lower load than they themselves recommend? Which voids warranty... Not too many amps out there that are warrantied @ .5... for people wanting a single subwoofer, Dual 1 can be a turn off. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

Yes, but do they expect people to buy a subwoofer and run their amp at a lower load than they themselves recommend? Which voids warranty... Not too many amps out there that are warrantied @ .5... for people wanting a single subwoofer, Dual 1 can be a turn off. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif
Get a pair of AQ1200's and strap @ 2 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

There's always a way. And besides, D1's are the shiz

Get a pair of AQ1200's and strap @ 2 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
There's always a way. And besides, D1's are the shiz
I understand there is a way.. thats not the point. The point is, for a simple minded end user on a budget D1 isnt the best option. If I wanted a single AQ HDC4 and not spend a fortune or take up space with 2 amps, I would basically be forced to run @ .5 ohm.

Ive had quite a few AQ products and loved them. With the new name change I don't think I will be buying again. Im wanting a 2200 soon but if they change to "SQ" Ill just wait for Obsidians amps.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Spldecendant

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
Spldecendant
Ny
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date