Audiopipe AP-15001D Bench Tested for RMS Power Output

I put an ap10001d in for a relative to drive a Diamond D615 @ 1. Impressed with the output of the amp.

Unfortunately it burnt up in a couple months. VMI sent a replacement, no questions asked. That one worked fine until the system was disassembled - about a yr and a half.

Commonly see a 10-15% gain in power driving a reactive load vs resistive - at least that's what I've seen.

To me, they're as good as anything else in the "budget" category.

A little over-rated? Ok, fine.

Yes, OP is the one who made the video (me). I was simply saying the resolution on the o'scope's screen is low and difficult to get an exact clipping measurement. The DD-1 measures THD at 1% and despite what people think, it IS accurate. I've seen one tested with a multi-thousand dollar THD analyzer and the 1% figure is extremely accurate.
No worries, I didn't take the comment personally. I appreciate all feedback.

-BigDizzle Wizzle
Right on man, I shouldn't have dogged ya. I have heard a lot of mixed things about the DD-1. 1% THD is kinda pushing the limit as to what I would consider acceptable though. If I was purchasing a distortion meter I would like it to detect 0.1 or so...

Finally had a chance to test the APSM1500....video coming soon! Same parameters as the AP-15001D, only one can be more powerful, which one could it be?

That AP 1500 said 16v on the amp. So maybe it makes the 1500 watts at 16volts?
I wish I could send you my 5k and see what it puts out.

in his video he used math to see if that was the case and it still came up short but like said about once on a reactive load you will see more power.

in his video he used math to see if that was the case and it still came up short but like said about once on a reactive load you will see more power.
ohhhh ok. I didn't get to watch the video because my brother is using my computer speakers for forza.

By reactive load. do you mean having it hooked up to a speaker?

Finally had a chance to test the APSM1500....video coming soon! Same parameters as the AP-15001D, only one can be more powerful, which one could it be?
Alright damnit thats my amp and I want first view of it or else I am gonna..umm give me a minute

Alright damnit thats my amp and I want first view of it or else I am gonna..umm give me a minute
Check yo PM bro... My bad!! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/blackeye.gif.66a1670f5aaf7f406e783a63e3387dc5.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

bigdwiz

10+ year member
Old School Rulz!
bigdwiz
NC
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date