Audiomasters in Murfreesboro, TN

tpmeredith
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I've had a little work done here on things I'm either too lazy to do, don't have time for, or don't have tools for.

They put in my headunit and my alarm.

Most of the stuff in store is fairly expensive (It is a local store, to be expected)

Labor is actually reasonable, with mount and cutting (took cutting/trimming of dash to get double din to fit my car) I believe install was around 100-120?

Alarm parts and labor was around 220 I believe (maybe 200 or 240), brought car to them and was done same day

Install guys are real helpful and willing to answer questions, however they dont seem to follow internet brand and trends like Sundown, AQ, etc.

Overall if you need some install work done they'll do a good job for a decent price usually, also do fast work typically like I said.

They will also test equipment for fairly cheap, been a couple times i've bought amps online and had em test it for me for around 20 bux

They have the worst customer service! My boyfriend was a returning customer for almost 5 years, spent thousands of dollars, and referred people who spent hundreds of dollars. He recently got his radio installed by their "master installer" who did a halfass job. The radio was cockeyed in the hole, he did a wire tap instead of actually wiring it into the fuse box and in doing so, pushed the fuse to the gauges out. There is a special way to get the key out and instead of asking when he couldn't get the key out of the ignition, he yanked it out and left the ignition pulled out as well. We took the truck back and he said he doesn't know what's wrong or how to fix it, while another worker said the problem was in the steering column. We took it to a mechanic who was shocked at the poor quality of their work and had to re-wire everything their installer had just wired and fix what he messed up. The staff is blaming it on my boyfriend saying he should have let them fix it for free even though none of them knew what the problem was or how to fix it. Not only did the installer not correctly do his job, he messed things up and admitted to it! They still won't refund the $110 or even listen to what we have to say. They won't take responsibility for what their worker did. I would NEVER step foot in that building again. And I would recommend for no one to take their vehicle there. read less

They have the worst customer service! My boyfriend was a returning customer for almost 5 years, spent thousands of dollars, and referred people who spent hundreds of dollars. He recently got his radio installed by their "master installer" who did a halfass job. The radio was cockeyed in the hole, he did a wire tap instead of actually wiring it into the fuse box and in doing so, pushed the fuse to the gauges out. There is a special way to get the key out and instead of asking when he couldn't get the key out of the ignition, he yanked it out and left the ignition pulled out as well. We took the truck back and he said he doesn't know what's wrong or how to fix it, while another worker said the problem was in the steering column. We took it to a mechanic who was shocked at the poor quality of their work and had to re-wire everything their installer had just wired and fix what he messed up. The staff is blaming it on my boyfriend saying he should have let them fix it for free even though none of them knew what the problem was or how to fix it. Not only did the installer not correctly do his job, he messed things up and admitted to it! They still won't refund the $110 or even listen to what we have to say. They won't take responsibility for what their worker did. I would NEVER step foot in that building again. And I would recommend for no one to take their vehicle there. read less
Small claims court bro. Or bricks. I like bricks //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

Katie and Mr. Ross,

After receiving your complaint, we promptly took the necessary steps to correct the problem. Before installation began on your vehicle we walked you through the steps that it would take to fix your stereo correctly, you refused to have the speakers wired and only wanted power to the unit. At such time you could have informed us of the steering column/Ignition issue, which you did not. We never once said that we were unable to fix your truck. We asked on several occasions to pull the truck back into the installation bay but were refused permission with you stating that you were taking it to your uncle, a mechanic, the following day. We also performed a hardwire install on your unit which makes us wire the power straight to the fuse box, which is done without splicing any wires.

We have asked for you to bring the truck back on multiple occasions to fix any said issues. We have called your mechanic to ask what the problems were that he encountered and we have not received a phone call back. Here at Audiomasters we take great pride in our work and hope that you can understand without being able to look at the truck again we cannot fix the issue. This is why a refund cannot be given. We hope that you do return again and help us make this right.

Sincerely,

Matthew Warren

CEO Audiomasters, Inc.

after reading the reviews of Audio Masters Murfreesboro, I was skeptical about giving them my business, but I like to support local businesses and thought I would give them the benefit of the doubt based on the response from the owner in the above forum; But wow did they prove me wrong today!!! I set up an appointment time 3 days in advance at 10 a.m. They told me it would take no more than 2 hours for the install on my truck. Rather than waiting in their store, I walked down the street to a coffee shop to make some phone calls. When I returned at 11:50 am expecting my truck to be almost finished, it had NOT moved from the parking spot I left it in. When I asked why they had not even started the job, the front desk associate became incredibly defensive and adamant that it was not his fault because the customer ahead of me deserved the same attention I was going to receive. I responded my agreeing that every customer deserves their best service and attention, but made it clear I was mad that they completely wasted my time and gave me NO PHONE CALL to let me know the job was NOT going to be done on schedule. The installer standing in the showroom told me he would start on it right then, and have it done within the hour. When I acted hesitant to let them finish the install, the front desk associate asked me what I had to do today that I couldn't wait another hour for them to finish? my schedule is none of your business! I have never been so mad that I was lost for words. I took the part I had already purchased and walked out. I can say honestly say that this is the first time I have written a poor review about a company because I am aware of the harsh repercussions it causes for that business and employees, but with customer service like I experienced at Audio Masters Murfreesboro I would stress that no one do business with their unprofessional and unorganized staff.

Scott,

Sadly I'm reading about this and not hearing about it. Our install team takes great pride in everything they do and we try to plan enough time to fix each car in a reasonable amount of time. Unfortunately circumstances come into play that are unforeseen. We very rarely give a specific time when a car will be finished, more than likely we will ask you to drop off your car and we will call you as soon as it is ready. We are sorry that we were running behind this particular day. I do offer my sincerest apologies about your waste of time and hope to still see you in the future. Sincerely, Matthew Warren, CEO, Audiomasters Inc

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

tpmeredith

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
tpmeredith
Murfreesboro, TN
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies