Audiofrog???

I saw and heard them in August, and I attended a class about them held by the company president, Andy Wehmeyer. The GB series of speakers you saw have what it takes to hold their own with the best in the world, plus they are uniquely designed for ease of custom installation in cars. I badly wish our local market could justify us becoming an Audiofrog dealer.

I saw and heard them in August, and I attended a class about them held by the company president, Andy Wehmeyer. The GB series of speakers you saw have what it takes to hold their own with the best in the world, plus they are uniquely designed for ease of custom installation in cars. I badly wish our local market could justify us becoming an Audiofrog dealer.
Interesting. Are they a new company?

Audiofrog is fantastic. They worked with world class installers developing the products. Used their advice on what customers and installers want. You won't do much better than Audiofrog.

Audiofrog is a new company started by Andy Wehmeyer formerly of Harmon/JBL. Andy is a well known audio engineer and was one of the driving forces behind the JBL MS-8.

I have not heard any hands-on reports yet, but I am expecting good things from Andy's new line of speakers (though they are out of my price range currently)

You said you heard them, any details on their sound? Some other forums have talked about them and wondered if the sound can justify the price. Again, much talk but no person had listened to a set yet.

You said you heard them, any details on their sound? Some other forums have talked about them and wondered if the sound can justify the price. Again, much talk but no person had listened to a set yet.
What I listened to was the GB60 midrange and a tweeter, which I presume to be GB15, in cabinets, as well as a GB subwoofer. This was set up in a booth as a 2.1 system with a laptop computer as the audio source connected to an amplifier I did not recognize. I was expecting the speakers to be amazing, and they were completely natural and transparent sounding.

Yeah Andy is guy who def knows his stuff and have great customers service when he worked for JBL. I would expect high quality and great CS to come with these. I tend to do more DIY style drivers now a days, but if I was in the market for a Focal, Hertz, Dyn, etc style price point and performance, I'd be going straight to audiofrog first.

he worked for JBL.
That's the only thing that puts me off. Is AF going to be more of the same? JBL has their place, but not in any of my systems. I did have a go on the JBL GTO804 sub. Great little monster, but no SQ monster by any stretch.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.