audiocontrol three.1 crossover question

Participant count
  • Participant list
Started using this eq that ive had laying around for a while. I have only the front highpass and the subwoofer rca's hooked up. My issue is that I feel like the front speakers don't have a full sound.

I know I can turn up the lower frequencies, but id like to change the crossover point to something a little lower, to give it a more full sound.

No idea how to change this. any help would be super. Also if anyone has any tips on the three.1 would be helpful!

thanks

kyle

AudioControl uses 16pin 8 resistor Bourns resistor networks to set the crossover frequency of their 24dB crossovers. The first thing you need to do is determine the resistance for your desired crossover frequency. The formula for that is 7200÷F=R, where F is your desired frequency and R is the resistance in kΩ. The Three.1 comes from the factory set at 90hz, I wouldn't lower it too much though, when you change it you are also lowering the low pass filter on the sub channel. Here's a link to the crossover networks on DigiKey if they don't stock the one you need you can "build" your own using 8 individual resistors, or you can buy them through AudioControl but that's the expensive option.

DigiKey

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.