audiobahn

I don't really have anything against the speakers, i've just had a few friends that have had some bad experiences with them... like them blowing really easy if they're pushed constantly....

The reason I thnk everyone hates audiobahn i the fact that they are sort of cheap subs. I have 2 1251X"s in my car and they hit ****ing hard. I know other people who have better crap then me and they don't even come close to hiting as hard. But the main reason is the cost. They are a good priced subs but they are not overrated. Most people just look at the price and think that the are no good bcause they cost less then other name brand subs. My subs only have 400RMS and they hit **** hard. That I think is another reason why people hate them because some of the lower models are only a couple hundred watts RMS. But other then that I think the last reason is because the stuff isn't sold in many car audio dealer shops. Not a lot of dealer carry audiobahn and in fact no retail store that I know of carries Audiobahn so those are the reasons I think that people hate Audiobahn. And I say hey thats fine with me if you hate Audiobahn, that just gives me all the more reason to blow you away with my Audibahn subs.

I know exactly what you mean bro, I got two 15in alum series audio bahns and people just be hating on me all day.I aint gonna lie i got a cheap ass legacy 2000 watt amp but they still blow everybody elses **** out tha trunk.

I have a single 12" audiobahn in a proper ported box and it rattles the teeth of even the guys used to bigger subs. I think higher end audiobahns are excellent, i installed a bunch of them for my friends and everybody seems to be very happy. cheap ones do blow tho.

just my 2 cents

well its been a while since that post now i got two 15in alumQ in a 3.4 cubic foot box for both and a 1600 watt kenwood excelon amp with a kenwood excelon kdc617 head unit in a convertible and they bump for a conv. there in a sealed box

I had a pair of audiobahn 1505x's running on a a2300hcx amp. They were in a 1.5 sealed enclosure each glued and screwed every 2 inches. I had to go back and redo the box reinforcing it with fiberglass at the sides and corners because the pressure they produced ripped the screws from one of the sides. I would say that the upper end subs and amps are some of the best out there.

91 honda civic

panasonic 802u

2 Kicker 15L7's

2 Kicker 500.2

no batteries no caps yet

149.4db

I knw how it is. I own two Pyramid 10's rated at 500watts R.M.S. and even running at half power they hit harder than my friends RF 12's at full power. My Pyramids only cost my $49 each while his RF's cost him a couple hundred. He's pissed.

Most people don't like Pyramid. They see the price and say that it'd garbage. While I'll admit that they aren't as high quality as RF, PG, or any of the other top name brands they hit at least as hard and last just as long. No one has ever told the truth when they said that more $ = better quality.

I've put these two subs and also a Jensen XS10W in a 1.7ft^3 box and also a second Jensen XS10W in a 0.5ft^3 box and they sound great - over 145Db. Not bad for a couple of crappy brand names.

I say price and name do not determine whether it is good or not. The only way to tell if a product is good or bad is to try it out. you'll know after the first use.

oh man, i bet the sq is great!!! why the hell did i buy all my alpine and planet stuff when i could have bought pyramid or jensen, I bet i would have way more sq trophies on my shelf.....lmao

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.