Participant count
  • Participant list
&

<idontknow>

when i look at amps i see stuff like this

300 watts x 2 @ 4 ohms stereo

600 watts x 2 @ 2 ohms stereo

1200 watts x 2 @ 1 ohm stereo

i guess my question is how do i wire a amp for the max power?

Originally posted by :when i look at amps i see stuff like this

300 watts x 2 @ 4 ohms stereo

600 watts x 2 @ 2 ohms stereo

1200 watts x 2 @ 1 ohm stereo

i guess my question is how do i wire a amp for the max power?
That all depends on the amp and the subs.

For instance my comp car for this year will contain 2DD9515's that are dual 2ohm coil. That means each sub has two voice coils, and each voice coil is rated at 2ohms. I will be powering these monsters
with 4-RFBD1500.1. Two to each sub. One on each coil.

The BD1500.1 is rated at

750w x1 at 4ohm

1500w x1 at 2ohm

So that means in order to get the 1500w I will need to have a 2ohm load for the amplifier.

My subs are dual 2ohm coils. So I am running 1 BD1500.1 per coil . So I will have roughly 6000w going to two subs(give or take a couple hundred watts
). Did this help any ?

To sum it up look at the amp specs. To get max power out of the amp you need to have a sub or subs that will give the impedence the amp put's out max power.

To use your example.

1200 watts x 2 @ 1 ohm stereo would be the max output. By the way this would be one big a$$ honker amp
. You would need 2 1ohm loads. So you could have 2 2ohm subs wired parallel for each channel. Did that make it any clearer ?

If not ask some more questions and I will try to explain

so are subbs better at a low or high OHM

and are amps better at a high or low OHM

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.