Audiobahn 10" Excursion or 10" kicker Comp VR?

Participant count
  • Participant list

S(Q)PL
10+ year member

Hello Gents(and any ladies that may be present). I'm doing an install for a friend, and it's a "budget system". He has good components, and a nice head unit in place, now he just needs some bump. He's an SPL kinda guy, and isn't too concerned with accurate lows, at present.

He has narrowed his choice to either 2 audiobahn excursion 10"(AW100Q), or 2 kicker comp vr 10". Both can be had for $100 per pair. Which would deliver more SPL? As I said, he isn't concerned with SQ, just SPL. Amp isn't a problem either, that is where he plans to spend the big bucks.

This is an interim system for him, if you will. He wants to get a decent feel for car audio before going all out. I'd appreciate your opinions, or if you can name better SPL subs for the same price, please do.

Thanks,

Rick

for SPL go with the audiobahns. they will be louder by far. I use an audiobahn ALUM12Q and I have installed a pair of the ihgh excursions that were capable of over 145db in a dual chambered slot pro of abuot 2.5cubic feet per chamber. it was ball ass loud. I have also installed one 12 inch audiobahn that won 3rd at HIFI Buys in SPL. Audiobahns SPL subs are just pure loud. I like SQ so I got the ALUM12Q. I have gotten aroud 144 with the righ enclosure and amp.

Their subs are wicked cool

The kickers are way wussie when compared to the audiobahns. I have installed these in a comaro and was VERY unimpressed, thy werent loud or good sounding. just dead. have never heard a kicker that I like except the solo barric S8. they are sweer when you have like SiX of them in a 2cubic foot box that is sealed and chabered. or ISO setups[not recomended by kicker]. GO AUDIOBAHN

Aha! Replies! Thanks for the input guys. Jeremy jl fan, you mention the one thing I hadn't suggested to him, silly me. I'll run that idea by him, and see what he says. Keep the ideas rolling though, love to hear thoughts/opinions.

Also you can make a decent sub sound good with the proper install and it has been proven. So keep that in mind also. It doesnt hurt to buy used items either....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.