Audio Technix CCA 0GA Power Wire Pre-order

Any idea how much wire I would need to do the big three on my G8? The starter battery is in the trunk BTW.
Measure it out.... That is a hassle though. I don't think it'd be as much as 30ft... I'd guess closer to 22ft or so, it depends where your alternator is though and how you have to route the wire. The battery to ground and chassis to ground are short typical... MAYBE 3 feet between the 2. The big one is obviously your Alternator to Bat+.

he is going to need at least 10ft for ground of motor block to batter, at least another 13/14ft for power from battery to alt and around 3 to 4ft for battery ground. with rule of thumb of always buy more than you need if not sure, 30ft is the safest estimate and im sure you can figure out something to use the rest for

he is going to need at least 10ft for ground of motor block to batter, at least another 13/14ft for power from battery to alt and around 3 to 4ft for battery ground. with rule of thumb of always buy more than you need if not sure, 30ft is the safest estimate and im sure you can figure out something to use the rest for
Oh I didn't ground my engine block to the battery. I just grounded to the frame, that's how my factory run was too.

But true that, always buy a bit more, you can always have a use for 1/0. If not, you can always sell the leftovers off to get a little money back.

So I should run the - of the battery back to the motor? Because the stock wiring it's only negative battery to frame... i'll make my own post don't want to ruin this one.

So I should run the - of the battery back to the motor? Because the stock wiring it's only negative battery to frame... i'll make my own post don't want to ruin this one.
I just did negative to frame as well, because that's how my stock one was. I've got no issues and it's been a year or so now.

would it be cheaper to buy 100ft of 1 color or 50ft of black and 50ft red?
No, sorry.

Any idea how much wire I would need to do the big three on my G8? The starter battery is in the trunk BTW.
My guess would be 35' would be my best guess. That gives you enough for 2 15' runs (+ batt to alt and - batt to engine block) and then a 5' run to ground batt to frame.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

cthedinger

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
cthedinger
Inglewood, CA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date