audio systems help

Participant count
  • Participant list

JDMneeds

bronx
i want to have a nice sounding system in my car without using a subwoofer i want to still have a little bass atleast not all voice what is the best way to go about this and what kinda speakers should i get what should i look for i dont know 2 much about audio so please helpp guys:confused:

well, subwoofers are designed for bass, so unless you want a subwoofer, you arent going to be able to get too much low end sound.

The best you can do without bass is a decent set of door speakers, preferably a component set ran off an amplifier.

You will also see better output with properly deadened doors. I have double-layered deadened doors with pioneer premier componenets on 60RMS, and they can play clean down to around 50hz, and fade out around 40hz, which is perdy darn low for speakers. If that doesnt make sense to you, subwoofers commonly play 80hz and lower, and speakers play 80hz and up.

well right now i have a pretty simple setup i got sony xploid head unit and sony xploid speakers all around pretty cheap i dont have the money to buy it im about to start saving for it just wanted to know how much to save up for it...the reason why im not interested in subs is basically because of space and because i live in a bad area and i park my car outside i would probably consider a subwoofer later on maybe and take the risk but not now for now i just want some good speakers that would give me a great sound. i have a 98 civic 4 door. and what should i be looking at in speakers for my doors and the rear?

Look into the alpine 9885 or 86 in that price range... You can get a good 4 channel amp and good speakers for probably 500 bucks or so.. I sent you a PM with some suggestions.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.