Audio System for GF's Car...Help!

CC268

AZ
Hey guys,

My girlfriend has a 2007 Nissan Altima and would like to start "renovating" her stock system as it is complete junk...I know a decent amount about audio and have spent several years to get where I am at:

Pioneer 4300DVD

Boston Acoustics S85

Kicker Speaker amp (can't remember exact model)

Audioque 2200D

SSA XCON 15 - Ported Box

Nothing to crazy, but it sounds good...

Now she doesn't have unlimited funds and I suggested she do it in small steps...so far now I think we will stick with doing speakers and a speaker amp...with a budget of $200 maybe $300...super tough budget I know...but she doesn't need the best stuff...just something that is decent. I am a little confused as to what the speaker sizes are for the front and rear...haven't had the time to look yet. I believe it is 6.5 in front and 6x9 in rear deck

So...any suggestions on some speakers and an amp?

Just run new front speakers.

Image dynamics ctx speakers and image dynamics i2300 amp would be a good start. Plenty of other options on amps, but for the price new ($100), I don't think it can be beat without going used or spending some more

Buy used from the classifieds and $300 could get you a pretty decent set of comps up front and an amp to power them. If you insist on rear fill then you can get a cheapish set later and run them off HU power.

I like ID's stuff...they have some good components I know...and I really don't see a reason why 300 bucks shouldn't be enough for two sets of speakers and an amp...MB Quart has a nice 4 channel for 90 bucks on amazon and there are plenty of speaker sets for 100 bucks a piece that are decent quality...PLEASE PLEASE keep in mind...this is for a daily driver, and its for someone who just wants something that sounds better than stock...no need for the highest quality stuff. Some people seem to have a hard time wrapping their minds around that. I've been around audio for long enough to have a general sense of what is and isn't junk, and in fact my speakers and speaker amp cost around 300 and they sound great (head unit helped a ton as well)

So...set of ID CTX 6.5" and a set of CTX 6x9 in the rear as well as ID's i4500 amp is around $360 which is definitely reasonable...may go with that...and that is much better stuff than what I have in my truck!

The best thing to do is invest in some sound deadener and cover your doors with it. Then use foam or rubber weatherstripping to seal the speaker to the door. It will cost you an extra 50 bucks probably but it is worth it. Pm @keep_hope_alive and he can give you an in depth description on how to do it.

[quote name='falcons03079313']The best thing to do is invest in some sound deadener and cover your doors with it. Then use foam or rubber weatherstripping to seal the speaker to the door. It will cost you an extra 50 bucks probably but it is worth it. Pm @keep_hope_alive and he can give you an in depth description on how to do it.[/QUOTE]

Yea I have my truck's roof covered in Dynamat...but it is very pricey

Any recommendations on an amp kit for 4 channel amp like the ID i4500? 8 gauge, 4 guage, etc?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.