audio shop i went to...?

stangpounder
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Wi
ok i went to the audio shop where i live the other day. asked them to demo a tpye x for me... well they decided to take my (15"cvr) out and put in the (type x) and hook it up to my amp (1000.1bd) listened to it for like 20 min.

1st of all it sounded like A$$ imo compaired to the CVR i have in there

2nd they tried telling me it was because my RF1000.1 didnt put out 1000wrms???? i didnt know that to be true.

& 3rd the subs cone was really hot and the sub sounded distorted ass heck and smelled like it was going to blow??

so my questions are are these people idiots? dose my amp not put out 1000wrms? and dose the type x ****? i think it was in like 2.75-3^ft ported low

If they didn't have the Type X wired to 2 Ohms then it wouldn't have been getting 1kW from your amp. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

That would be my 1st guess, anyway...

yeah, I had my type x off if the T10001bd and it was only getting about 700-800 watts cuz my sub was a D4 and the bd is 1000 at 1 ohm. But it still sounded amazing. I loved it, louder than my eclipse 15". Maybe the shop was using a sub they abused the **** out of.

there is no such thing as a type x 15?//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif :confused:

maybe they just came out with one. idk

it was a 12" i didnt say a 15" i dont think...my cvr is a 15 and i dont know what they did but imo they made my 90$ cvr sound like "the sh!t" cuz that type x was soundin "like sh!t" and they tried to charge me 500$ sub and box

Type-X 12" is optimized for sealed box use. Weak motor (high Qes/Qts, Low EBP) and models with an extremely low anechoic F3 in a moderate sized sealed enclosure. Extremely sensitive to misalignment or poor FR in a vented enclosure, especially when coupled with vehicle transfer function (cabin gain), and especially if the enclosure was not designed properly for this particular driver.

Try auditioning it in a 1.5 ~ 2.5 CF sealed enclosure and compare it to other drivers that are optimized for medium-sized sealed box use and have similar Vd capability.

This is a rather unique subwoofer design however.

500? you can get the type X for 180-220 online..

The type X should get 1000 watts, your amp is probably 1000 @ 1ohm like everyone suggested

also the type x is a funky little sub that has jumpers or w/e they're called, I know some other subs have it but i hadn't upgraded in a while so it was new to me //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

it should be in a .75-1 cu ft box I believe, not a 3

if it's vented then i think 1-1.25? im not as sure on the second one

I own an swx-1042d, and I am only giving it 420 until I get my mm1400.1 back :[

to be honest, it sounds like **** even at low volumes

then again I also bought it used

and the previous ******* owner only hooked up one coil to 1000 watts (no jumper)

When I took it out of the box it smelled like something had burned previously

It plays better now after some adjustments, but I can't give you a definite answer until I get a stronger amp for it

700 watts is probably what your amp put out if it's 1000 at 1 ohm, but even then that should be plenty good..

yeah, I had my type x off if the T10001bd and it was only getting about 700-800 watts cuz my sub was a D4 and the bd is 1000 at 1 ohm. But it still sounded amazing. I loved it, louder than my eclipse 15". Maybe the shop was using a sub they abused the **** out of.
The specs I found for the Power 1000.1bd lists 500w @ 4 Ohm and 1kW @ 2 Ohms //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

I've either found some incorrect info or you're not remembering it correctly.

Hopefully someone who is a bit more familiar with RF gear than me will come along and sort it out.

Those subs only came dual 4? If so then they didn't have it wire properly probably.

What shop is it? I live on the border wisconsin/illinois.

-Nick-

I picked up an SVR there last summer. Wasn't impressed by the old guy or his son that does installs. Kept going on and on about JL subs being THE best by far and my car must sound like crap because I don't have an RTA to set it up, blah blah. I was just there for a battery and didn't mention my set up at all. He wanted to measure under my hood, etc... even after I told him SEVERAL times I would install it and that I already made sure it would fit.

Had a lot of decent equipment in the store, but the dog piss smell about made me puke.

I believe the $500 for sub/box, he's pretty proud of his ****.

I'm like 30 minutes from you, so if you get a sub and need a box built give me a holler.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.