Audio Gremlins?

Well, I messed around with the eq and the faders and got the car sounds pretty good. the sub works, and before, it always had, but it was just really quite. So I'm getting good sound now but I still have some crackling and popping sounds when I turn on the switch. Any ideas why the stereo still pops and crackles for like the first 30 seconds to a minute?

Also, one other thing: What is happening to the amp when I turn up the volume on the head unit and it cuts out on me only in the externally amplified speakers for a second then comes back in? It does it repeatedly if I keep the volume that loud.

my best guess on that second problem is your speakers, cant take teh power coming out of the amplifier....assuming ur un-sure if ur amplifier's power is actually cutting-out....otherwise could be a bad fuse or even a messed up channel, my old old old kenwood 4 channel amp had 1 bad channel, and i would get bad distortion which seemed liek cutting out at moderatly high volumes...

and the sub crackling porblem cound like it just your amp booting up?...im bot sure, but i here one pop as my sub amp "boots" but only 1...still hard to say what that problem could be....did u try that other sub yet, to see if tehres a difference?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.