Audio cuts from other speakers and only subwoofer works

Participant count
  • Participant list

Ccaruso01

CarAudio.com Newbie
Does anyone know why randomly my speakers will cut out and audio will only come through my subwoofer? When this happens the bass remains fine, but any other frequency sounds muffled and almost like it’s underwater. Whenever this does happen sometimes I can slam the driver side back door shut and it will for some reason fix the issue temporarily. I’m pretty certain it can’t be a ground issue because I have already re-grounded it and it isn’t loose or a bad cable. If anyone has any suggestions or advice I would greatly appreciate it as I would love to save some money and try to fix this myself. Thank you!

Whenever this does happen sometimes I can slam the driver side back door shut and it will for some reason fix the issue temporarily
I assume amp is closest to that door. Make sure RCAs are well inserted, now try wiggling inserted RCAs. The RCA solder points may be loose. If that is ok, next time issue happens, try tapping on the amp to see if it corrects itself.

I assume amp is closest to that door. Make sure RCAs are well inserted, now try wiggling inserted RCAs. The RCA solder points may be loose. If that is ok, next time issue happens, try tapping on the amp to see if it corrects itself.
The amp is located directly underneath the drivers seat so it could definitely be loose RCA’s. It’s just weird that on some days it will work fine and others it decides not to, I will keep you updated as soon as I can work on it! Thank you!

Pinched speaker wire grounding on metal somewhere?
Could be pinched speaker wire but the ground wire is fastened tightly against the bottom of the car, so yes metal. I unfortunately did not install this myself so I have to try to figure this out myself because they same people that installed it can’t see me until two weeks from now and this is driving me nuts. Any other things you can think of so I can start a check sheet and check them all at once? Thank you for the quick reply!

Loose wiring.More than likely such as the power or even remote wire possibly loose or not connected properly/ strands grounding out. Need to look to see when this happens if that amp goes into Protect or not.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...