Assassin box build...56K nono

Participant count
  • Participant list

Fast1one
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
California
Well, my sealed box for my assassins was short lived. About a week actually. They sounded awesome and got decently loud, but as a basshead, I wanted more :p The setup basically was a fake floor, sealed box, and amprack all built into one for my 98 Maxima....quick pic.....And vid is found in this thread...

P1020819.jpg

I talked to Mountaineer man after his double shots caught my interest //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif Can you say, Quadshot? Hehe.....He gave me the design a few days later. And began looking for a **** table saw. No way im going to do this one with a jigsaw and circular saw. My cousin did the cuts for me. My dad bought a table saw from work and I did a few more myself. I began work last night....Without further ado, more pics //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Mostly finished....TWINS //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif I decided to make it into two boxes to save my back, Not sure the weight. Each box took a full sheet of MDF Plus the weight of two 15 pound woofers...guess? One of the asses next to its new home....

P1020827.jpg

Look it fits!

P1020831.jpg

This pic is priceless....few more inches and the sub will fit in the port lol....

P1020830.jpg

Mounted and wiring....all that wood for little 8s lol....

P1020833.jpg

DONE AND DONE.....If I had an SUV (really wish) I can mount a little wall in there lol....they will be in my trunk facing away from eachother, facing the wheel wheels side to side. Port will be near the back...

P1020834.jpg

Well thats pretty much it. Just waiting a little for the top to dry....should be in my car by tonight....vids by tomorrow....MAYBE.

Should wang. Tell me what you think //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

-Serg

**** bro....that **** came out sick!!! It's gonna be sounding awesome as well....Im gonna start trying to design something for my truck....raise the rear seat and do a downfire box....the MTX Thunderform isnt cutting it. Congrats.

Just came back from putting them in...sorta....

Long story short, they didnt fit //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif They are about an inch too high and I cant slide them in. This ***** ass...well all of us have been here one time or another...As of now, there is one box in there with about 400 to each lol...they are louder than all four by a bit. Very flat response also...

Anyone want to buy one? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Edit" I have been thinking though....I MAY be able to slide them through the back seat when I remove it....that and also a metal plate....just maybe....

You can make them fit.

Either use a router and mill some wood off the top and bottom evenly,

or

use a belt sander and do it. Use some nice 4- - 60 grit at first to remove it fast.

Do it on both sides so you remove and even amount.

Or, you could just remove the top and bottoms and replace them with 1/2". Assuming you used 3/4" to begin with.

You can make them fit. 

Either use a router and mill some wood off the top and bottom evenly,

or

use a belt sander and do it. Use some nice 4- - 60 grit at first to remove it fast.

Do it on both sides so you remove and even amount.

Or, you could just remove the top and bottoms and replace them with 1/2". Assuming you used 3/4" to begin with.
Yes I thought about adding 1/2 an inch to the top and bottom...That would save half an inch....but I dont think its worth the trouble....it may not fit anyway lol...I have one box in there, im going to try differemt positions and see if I can sqeeze the other one...somehow...lol

I was pretty damn suprised. Two of them in this box recieving around 350 a piece are quite a bit louder than the four sealed, while still remaining pretty damn flat....Still sounds great with Korn. Pic of it inside....Kinda dark sorry....

P1020837.jpg

And a vid...On putfile for now...

http://media.putfile.com/Assassins-Doubleshot

Vid doesnt do the subs or flexing justice :p My roof and rear window flex for the first time hehe....camera doesnt catch it though..GAY

Third time should be a charm...just going to put them in a ported enclosure....Anyone wanna buy a doubleshot?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.